Style

We Found the Best Looks from New York Fashion Week So You Don’t Have To

New York Fashion Week, one of the most highly anticipated events in the fashion industry, is well-known for showcasing the top collections from designers worldwide, and this year was no different. Here are some of the best looks from this season from Prabal Gurung’s politics-infused floral collection to flowy and romantic looks from Jonathan Simkhai.

Tom Ford

Courtesy: Vogue

Tom Ford’s collection this season could be described in two little words: simple elegance. With beautiful satins and silks used in comfortable, loose shirts, long skirts, flowy pants and blazers, this is a collection that guarantees you luxury anywhere: at a job interview, out with your friends, or even just heading to the grocery store.  

Prabal Gurung

Courtesy: Vogue

With playful pastels and floral prints galore, Prabal Gurung’s runway show had me day-dreaming of spring picnics, garden parties and fancy tea parties. As if this wasn’t enough, the models carried ACTUAL flowers with them down the runway. To top it all off, Gurung ended his show with a political statement: the models reemerged with sashes reading “Who gets to be American?”

Rodarte

Courtesy Vogue

RodARTe is right. The label, founded by two sisters, revealed their campaign with a series of portraits that resembled something straight out of an art museum. The pieces themselves were like a fairy tale: Alice in Wonderland meets warrior princess meets Cinderella. This collection might be the perfect place to look for inspiration for your next formal dress.

Jonathan Simkhai

Courtesy Vogue

Jonathan Simkhai’s Spring 2020 Ready-to-Wear collection exudes softness and romance. Pale colors, slip dresses, and tailored pantsuits effortlessly blend to create the perfect spring lookbook. Seriously, all I want to do is lay in a field of daisies wearing a Simkhai dress.

LaQuan Smith

Courtesy Vogue

Last but not least – and by far my personal favorite – is the LaQuan Smith collection. The pieces were a Western remix, where haute couture meets country, creating the perfect femme fatale look for today’s bold and bad*ss women. When I say YEE, you say GIRL POWER!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!

Carly is a first-year student at Florida State double-majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media and Media/Communications Studies. She has been passionate about writing since she was little. When she's not writing, she can usually be found reading books about politics, watching football, or perfecting her Spotify playlists. She hopes to one day live in Chicago and work in the media.
Her Campus at Florida State University.