VS PINK FSU: Turning Tallahassee PINK One Event At A Time

It was a sunny Sunday afternoon on October 26th. While lots were preparing for Homecoming skits and prepping for chapter, over at Governor’s Square Mall a party was about to commence. The Victoria’s Secret Campus Reps and their Street Team were prepping for weeks to make this happen. Surrounded by a DJ and bra-shaped cookies, the first 50 girls to arrive were given two raffle tickets to win $50 gift cards. Everyone with a valid FSU ID received a raffle ticket and a scratch off card for $5, $10, or $15 off of a bra. The line wrapped out the door as girls eagerly waited with coupon books in hand for their chance to win. The coupon book had everything from coupons for $10 off a bra to a free lace panty. Inside there were all kinds of treats from a galaxy-printed sports bras, half-off Ultimate Yoga Leggings to the new Light Lift Campus Bra. Trying on the Light Lift Bra got you an extra raffle ticket! Most girls headed straight for the dressing room and once inside discovered that the Light Lift was one of the softest bras PINK has made yet. It’s so soft that you barely know it’s on. Other items that were popular were the varsity crews and boyfriend tanks.

The Campus Reps had a great time handing out free perfume samples, hair ties and delicious cookies. It was such a great turn out and really spread the word about how much work on campus our PINK Reps do. Six girls won a gift card and many left heavy-handed with comfy goodies to get them through midterms.

So what’s next for the FSU Campus? THE VICTORIA’S SECRET FASHION SHOW. The show will be taped in London and air on Tuesday, December 9, on CBS at 10 p.m. EST. In case you missed out on the campus party at the PINK Store, the Campus Reps and Street Team are hoping to host this year’s fashion show watch party at Recess. Recess is the new rooftop club atop Madison Social. Last year the watch party was held at Primetime Lounge, with giveaways including everything to leggings, jackets, perfume to bedazzled backpacks and free thongs.  The fashion show was broadcasted on every TV in the lounge and there were games, discounted appetizers and drink specials. It’s a great event to go to with your girlfriends for quick finals break. With CollegeTown being so close to campus it’s ideal for freshman students, those who live in returner residence halls or who don’t have a car that still want in on all the excitement. The themes for this year’s show have not been released but seeing as though it’s in London, something British must be a-brewing. Hopefully it’s something that will be pleasing to the Queen. Grab your tea because it’s going to be amazing.

Want to know more? Follow the VSPINK Reps on social media! You can follow them on Instagram and Twitter (@vspinkfsu) for giveaways and promotions. Also don’t forget to like them on Facebook! (Victoria’s Secret PINK at Florida State University). Keep an eye out for the watch party in December and ways to get involved! If you’re interested in becoming a Street Team member or Campus Rep, social media is a great way to find out how to get involved!

Janecia Britt, originally from Tampa, FL is a junior at Florida State who’s enchanted by all things fashion, interior design and art. Majoring in Editing, Writing and Media with a minor in Communication, she has big goals to move to NYC after graduation. She's a brand ambassador for eff.y.bee jewelry, a member of the Victoria Secret PINK Street Team and a Lady SpiritHunter! When she’s not writing for HerCampus, she is baking, crafting and cooking for her friends. You can find her taking Step and Pilates classes at the Leach or canvassing all the boutiques of Tallahassee. She’s a busy bee but puts her heart and soul into everything she does (including her infamous desserts).
Her Campus at Florida State University.