Victoria Jones: Student Leader By Day, Fitness Instructor By Night

Name: Victoria Jones

Year: Junior

Hometown: Sarasota, FL

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Spanish/Business

Courtesy: Facebook

Her Campus (HC): So, tell me about some of your campus involvements. I know there are quite a few!

Victoria Jones (VJ): I am Chair of SOAR Board this year, an instructor at the Leach teaching circuit, cardio and abs classes each week, a member of Student and Greek Conduct Board, Career Center Ambassadors and Gamma Phi Beta.

HC: That’s great that you’re so involved and with a wide variety of organizations. What has been the most rewarding part about being this involved on campus?

VJ: I love having friend groups all over campus and seeing how connected everyone is. This year I have been able to help other students get involved or take on positions that upperclassmen helped me with when I was younger. Even though there are 40,000 students on campus, I love running into random friends or students on the way to class no matter where I am.

HC: I know you recently organized the Fall 2015 involvement fair as SOAR Board Chair. How was that?

VJ: It was incredible! 250 organizations tabled and roughly 4,000 students attended, making it the largest involvement fair in FSU history. The Union was full of excitement with organizations recruiting and freshmen exploring their options. I love seeing all of the inspirational things RSOs are doing on our campus and around the world.

HC: That’s an exciting turnout; I always enjoy going to the involvement fairs and seeing what’s new on campus! Do you have any goals for the SOAR Board this year?

VJ: To sum it up, SOAR Board stands for Student Organization Advisory and Resource Board. This year’s board is made up of 18 members. We facilitate Market Wednesday, the Involvement Fair, recognizing new organizations, and host the Presidents’ Mixer and various workshops. A personal goal I have for SOAR Board is initiating a campus wide blood drive at Market Wednesday at the end of October. I am really passionate about blood donation & promoting awareness of shortages to college students. Be on the lookout for fun prizes and food for donating!

HC: That sounds like a really great event to host here, I will be on the lookout! What do you enjoy most about being a Group Fitness instructor? Which class would you say is your favorite to teach?

VJ: I love being an instructor because I get to meet new people every day in my classes and be a positive part of their day. The best part of my weekdays are spent at the leach blasting music, cracking jokes with patrons and being able to work out while also having fun with everyone. While I love all my classes equally, I enjoy teaching my dance class every week. How could you not like booty shaking and twerking with 60 students on a Wednesday afternoon?

Courtesy: Facebook

HC: I definitely agree, nothing could be better than working out with your fellow Seminoles. What advice would you give to underclassmen seeking similar campus involvements?

VJ: Find a mentor. Whether it is a friend, upperclassmen, or professor, find someone that you can talk to on a regular basis about what your goals and passions are because college is really short. The sooner you try new things, the more likely you will find something that you love and stick with it.

HC: This is extremely valuable advice and will certainly resonate with incoming students. Aside from your involvements, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

VJ: You can usually find me on long runs around campus training for a half marathon, hanging out at Gamma Phi, at Brooklyn Water Bagel or most likely watching any FSU sport. Back at home, I love going to Siesta Key Beach, hanging out with my family, watching my brother play D1 baseball or going to concerts.

Jordana is a recent graduate of The Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science in public relations. She aspires to work in public relations and digital media in New York City. She is well-versed in pop culture, social media management, press release writing and content creation. Originally from Coral Springs, Florida, Jordana enjoys writing, networking and spending time outdoors. On most days, you can find her researching industry trends, Tweeting and scavenging the internet for new music, ODESZA and Beyonce tunes to be specific. Stay in tune with her daily whereabouts via Twitter: @JordanaJudson.   
Her Campus at Florida State University.