Vegan? Check Out The Six Best Vegan Restaurants in Tallahassee

Tallahassee has a wide array of vegan/vegetarian and gluten free options for us. These places offer delicious and cruelty-free meals, without spending your entire paycheck. Whether you are vegan or not, you’ve got to try these local restaurants. I could list 100 vegan meals in Tally, but here are 5 of my favorites.

1. Sweet Pea Café

If you’re searching for the best vegan brunch in Tallahassee, look no further. Located on Tharpe is a 100% cruelty free café serving local and organically grown meals, ironically next to a meat market. The brunch menu always includes Tofuevos Rancheros and lunch includes a variety of sandwiches, salads and the special. My recommendation: arrive early and get the brunch special. Pair with a fair-trade coffee, fresh juice or basil lemonade (my fav).

Courtesy: Yelp

2. Soul Vegetarian

This is where you want to go if you’re craving southern food.  With a different special everyday, there’s no way you can get bored. Popular items include the mac and cheese, collard greens, black bean burgers, BBQ tofu or seitan and corn bread. They also serve breakfast and now SOFT SERVE!

Courtesy: Soul Vegetarian

3. Krishna Lunch

At FSU’s Global Engagement Center, spend 5 dollars for a vegan and vegetarian lunch. There’s no better deal for vegans and non-vegans alike. Portions are huge and it’s the perfect meal for in between classes.

Courtesy: Facebook

4. Black Dog Café

With two locations (Lake Ella and Railroad Square), you can stop by this environmentally conscious café for a coffee or tea, popsicle and a vegan hand-pie.  Check out their Facebook page for events such as live music and literary nights. There’s also a guitar there available to play, if you want to show off your skills. My recommendation: ask the baristas to make you a latte with almond milk and pair with a peaches & cream popsicle.  

Courtesy: Yelp

5. Lofty Pursuits

A 1950’s style ice cream parlor, order one of 6 vegan flavors for a sundae served in a vintage glass. There are board games to play, vintage knick knacks and homemade candy! My recommendation: Build your own sundae, with vanilla ice cream, Oreos, peanut butter, chocolate ganache, whipped cream and a cherry on top.

Courtesy: Lofty Pursuits

6. All Saints Café

Is it 3. am and you’re craving coffee and sweets? All Saints Café is 24/7 and serves eclectic vibes, coffee and the best vegan baked goods. They also have entrees like breakfast burritos and mac & cheese for when you want something a little heavier. My recommendation: Pull an all-nighter studying, keep the cappuccinos coming and snack on their chocolate chip banana bread.

Courtesy: Yelp

FSU student, tutor, editor and writer
Her Campus at Florida State University.