A Valentine’s Day Gift Giving Guide: Zodiac Sign Edition

Looking for the perfect gift for your Valentine or Galantine this year? Well, your special someone’s star sign can easily lend some insight into what their heart may desire, so surprise them with a unique gift that will speak to their astrological placement!

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

Driven and motivated, Aries are easily excited by the successes in their life, so surprise your Aries babe with something to power their goal-driven side! A coffee sampler may provide the energy needed to tackle their busy schedule. Pair it with a cute ceramic coffee tumbler (to-go of course), so your Valentine can enjoy their coffee on the run!

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

An Independent Earth sign, the Taurus in your life may be loyal, artistic and mature, so give them a gift that will align with their creative and strong spirit. A beautiful journal with a quality ink pen and a love note upon opening may be just what your Taurus needs to unleash their creative outlet this Valentine’s day!

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

If you find yourself struggling for what to gift your Gemini Valentine, well it’s probably because your partner has A LOT of interests or characteristics that make them unique, which is why the Gemini is represented by twins (double the fun)! This sign appreciates beauty, so try something shiny like a gorgeous birthstone bracelet to radiate some positive Valentine’s vibes.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

Loyal and sensitive in personality, a Cancer partner will appreciate the sentiment of your gift-giving act. Flowers and chocolate may seem like the most basic Valentine’s gift, but a handwritten card and a sweet treat might be the way to a Cancer’s sentimental heart. If you’re looking to spice up your Cancer’s V-day gift, a hanging plant or succulent may do the trick!

Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22)

Symbolized by the proud lion, the Leo in your life may be full of confidence and relish in the spotlight. Being a Leo, your Valentine may adore the gift of a pampered spa day fit for a queen or king. Create an at-home spa with all of the necessities—candles, massages, facials and more!

Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22)

An Earth sign with a caring nature and kind soul, a Virgo in love can be a very easy-going and practical partner. Gift your Virgo Valentine something they can use for a lifetime, such as a high-quality blanket. Try shopping local or handmade for this gift as your Virgo’s down to Earth nature may appreciate this more than you think!

Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22)

Known as the peacemakers of the Zodiac signs, a Libra partner is charming and passionate. They are also fun-loving, so an experience may be better for them than a physical gift. Try a socially distanced picnic—fondue style, for an added element of excitement!

Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21)

Being a very powerful water sign, a Scorpio is in tune with their emotional and inquisitive side. Scorpios, however, may be fonder of a gift that brings them comfort over surprise. So, tailor your gift to your specific Scorpio or try something simple such as a personalized Yankee candle, paired with a favorite dessert from your local bakery (chocolate strawberries for the win)!

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21)

Your Sagittarius Valentine may be longing for adventure right now. A Sag is a known adventurer with a love for spontaneity, so what better gift to treat your Sag partner than an adventure right from home?! Surprise them with an around the world dinner night as their gift, featuring cuisine from each country!

Capricorn (Dec. 22- Jan. 19)

Spicy and sweet at the same time, Capricorns can be sarcastic and witty while also serious. They are also extremely hard-working, so a self-care basket may be just what your Capricorn Valentine needs to unwind on this holiday. Include a pink clay mask, for a V-day theme!

Aquarius (Jan. 20- Feb. 18)

The free spirit of an Aquarius paired with the trait of generosity make them one of the most giving and rebellious signs. Gift the Aquarius in your life something to drive their passion such as a canvas art set or a romantic bouquet of orchids, known to be their sign flower!

Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20)

Known for their wise and intuitive thinking, Pisces is the last sign in the astrological charts and is a powerful one at that. They can be extremely nurturing and caring to others, so your Pisces Valentine may require some me-time! The calming effects of an essential oil diffuser may be the perfect gift for some much-needed relaxation in their life!

pink christmas gift
Photo by Ekaterina Shevchenko from Unsplash

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest

Catherine Leavy is a Senior at Florida State University, studying Editing, Writing, and Media. For Catherine, writing is not only a passion but a form of creative expression. She plans to work in editing and publishing after graduating from Florida State.
Her Campus at Florida State University.