Unraveling The Mystery of Campus Cutie: Rumit Mistry

Name: Rumit Mistry

Year: Sophomore

Major: Biology

Hometown: Orlando, Florida

Relationship Status: Single

Twitter Handle: @Roomistry

Her Campus (HC): So Rumit, how does it feel to be considered a “Campus Cutie?”

Rumit Mistry (RM): I feel honored to be a Campus Cutie! But really, I did not know this was a thing.

HC: What do you enjoy most about being a student at Florida State?

RM: I would have to say school spirit is definitely one of the best things, and of course the girls.

HC: I’ve heard you’re quite the foodie. What’s your favorite local restaurant?

RM: Oh god, that’s a good question… Bella Bella on Monroe. The Egg Café & Eatery is a close second though.

HC: What do you like to do in your spare time?

RM: I like to workout, cook, play basketball, and listen to music.

HC: Are you involved with any organizations or clubs on campus?

RM: I’m a member of Alpha Epsilon Delta—the Pre-Health Honor Society. I also participate in The Alzheimer’s Project, specifically “Project Life Saver,” where I change the batteries of the Life Saver bands, which is kind of like Life Alert. I get to interact with the patients, maintaining a relationship with them, and making sure they’re okay. I just started getting in touch with Tallahassee Second Harvest Food Bank as well. 

HC: If you weren’t majoring in Biology, what else might you major in and why?

RM: If I weren’t majoring in Biology I’d probably be in culinary school somewhere!

HC: What’s one thing you’d like to do before you graduate?

RM: Study abroad! I’d love to go to Valencia, Spain!

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

RM: Hopefully I’ll be a medical student at Emory Medical School living it up in Atlanta!

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

RM: Weird, funny, and clean.

HC: Lastly, what’s your biggest pet peeve?

RM: When people don’t clean up after themselves!

Sarah Shellabarger is a senior at Florida State University, majoring in English - Editing, Writing, Media and minoring in Communications. This is her third semester as a HCFSU staff writer. When she's not drowning in assigned readings, Sarah enjoys attempting to get celebrities to follow her on Twitter, daily Dunkin Donuts trips, praising Stevie Nicks, and (unsuccesfully) begging her boyfriend to buy her a kitten. Sarah hopes to one day put her witty banter to good use by writing for a clever yet underappreciated TV show, and eventually becoming the next Tina Fey.    
Her Campus at Florida State University.