Tyrone and His Contagious Smile

Friend to all and enemy to none. Havana boy Tyrone Johnson can often be seen on campus with a bright smile and even brighter attitude. He has graced us as being our celebrity not only because of his involvement on campus, but also because he has the ability to make anyone around him crack a smile on even the darkest days.

Her Campus (HC): Can you give us a little bit of information on your background?

Tyrone Johnson (TJ):  I am a senior Social Science major with a concentration in Sociology. I really love to laugh and have fun with family and friends. I dislike…well I dislike nothing I can really think of off the top of my head. I really love to sing, but not in front of people too often because I haven’t really mastered the art of not being nervous before a performance. Music has always been really important to me.

HC: What clubs and organizations are you involved with on campus?

TJ: One of the organizations I am a part of is Progressive Black Men Inc. which is a community service organization on campus that believes in Academic Excellence, Communal Support, and Fellowship of Brothers. I am also in Alpha Phi Omega, Student Organizational Advisory and Resource Board which I serve on the Recognition Committee and I help New RSO’s with the recognition process and understand the resources that the Student Activities Center and the university provides them with. I’m also a Peer Involvement Mentor. in this organization I meet with students and help them become involved in organizations that the university has

HC: Where do you feel that you really excel?

TJ: Something that I feel I excel at is looking on the bright side of things. I feel sometimes things don’t always go as planned, but you have to find a way to make it work for you. I know many times there were things that I wanted to do but it just wasn’t happening. When that happens I find a different approach to handling it and move on. One of my favorite quotes is “You might not end up where you’d thought you would be, but you’ll end up where you were meant to be.” I believe that things happen for a reason and that mindset helped me get where I am today.

We can all use Johnson as an example of optimism and happiness. Big assignment due tomorrow? Do not stress! You are more than capable of doing it. Feeling down? Smile! It will spread to your attitude in no time. These are the ideas that Johnson strives to include in his daily ideals and actions. He does not stress out in times of trouble, but rather prepares for the oncoming storm with strong optimism and a steady head. So when you are stressed out for any reason- big or small- just remember how Tyrone faces life and remember that everything will come together over time with just a smile and a good attitude.

Cassi is a junior at Florida State University. As an Environmental Studies major, Cassi likes outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and going to parks. She is part of a community Service Fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, which has brought her to some very unique and exciting experiences around Tallahassee. From washing dogs to preparing food for the elderly, Cassi loves to help the community out any way that she can. In her free time, Cassi likes to paint, read, take bubble baths, wreck her boyfriend at chess, beat the high score to Mrs. Pac Man at Voodoo Dog, play with her hamsters, or attend concerts. As always, this Seminole bleeds Garnet and Gold! 
Her Campus at Florida State University.