Life > Experiences

Try These Creative Ideas for Galentine’s Day

Courtesy: Giphy

Leslie Knope said it best: “What’s Galentine’s Day? Well, It’s only the best day of the year!” Who wouldn’t want to celebrate having pure, unadulterated friendships in their lives? It’s certainly a rare enough thing to find, so we should probably take some time to appreciate our true friends when we do stumble across them. With that in mind, here are some creative ideas to make this Galentine’s Day (or “Palentine’s Day”) one for the books!

1. DIY Galentine’s Sweet Boxes

Calentourtesy of: Paper and Pin

These are super cute and easy, plus you can get creative with them. These boxes are made of cardstock paper, which you can pick up in various colors at any craft store, office supply center or even your local Walmart. While this example uses Parks and Recreation quotes (which are adorable,) you could also collect quotes from other TV shows, Twitter memes or movies. Write them on the paper to pull off the same Pinterest DIY win-of-the-century. These boxes can then be filled with any candy, chocolate, etc. of your choosing, which is what makes this a great, low budget gift for your pals.

2. Galentine’s Day Themed Popcorn

Courtesy of: Gimme Some Oven

This would be a fun, festive addition to any Galentine’s movie party. The prep time for this is 10 minutes so it isn’t one of those elaborate Pinterest recipes that will take up your entire evening. Plus, imagine how artsy this would look on your social media feed. This is an extremely do-able craft that could also be used as a gift. Just package it in a cute bag along with a nametag and you’re good to go.

3. Color Me Swoon

Courtesy: Penguin Random House

I just couldn’t resist including this one, which is a coloring book full of all of your crushes spanning from middle school until now. Color Harry Styles, Ryan Gosling and Brad Pitt. This is an easy gift that is sure to get some laughs from whoever you choose to celebrate with. This is available at Barnes and Noble as well as on Amazon. (PS: Color Me Girl-Crush is also available, featuring Beyoncé, Jennifer Lawrence and more!)

4. Simple Gifts

Courtesy: Overstuffedlife.com

If you’re really pressed for time but still want to get your favorite people a little gift, something as small as a friendship bracelet or a little, festive gift should do the trick. Even just blocking out the time to do something fun with them (i.e. going to a coffee shop, market, park or movie) will mean the world. We can’t all be Leslie Knope when it comes to gift giving. Whether you’re doing something for a friend on Galentine’s day or surprising your SO on Valentine’s day, just do something that shows them how important they are to you and how much you appreciate having them in your life. Remember, it’s the thought that counts.

Courtesy: Square Penguin on Pinterest

“We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.” -Leslie Knope, Inventor/Advocate of Galentine’s Day

Miranda studies Editing, Writing and Media at Florida State University. She loves music, writing and travel. One of her favorite quotes is "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced." -Vincent Van Gogh