The cute “set dad” everyone loved and who left everyone with encouraging words every day making the set seem even more like a family, Luke Perry will be missed. Born Oct. 11, 1966, in Mansfield, Ohio and laid to rest March 4, 2019, in Burbank, California at the age of 52.

Courtesy: Moviestillsdb 

Perry was in many popular films and tv shows like 90210 (1990-2000), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992), Dishdogz (2005), The Sandlot: Heading Home (2007), and Riverdale (2016-2019). His acting caught the public’s attention since the very beginning.

Perry suffered a massive stroke with severe and life-threatening complications at his home on Feb. 27, 2019. He then suffered another stroke once under medical care. It was then that his family decided to pull the plug on life support.

Perry leaves behind his fiancé, Wendy Madison Bauer, and his two children, Jack Perry and Sophie Perry.

9021 was the show that gave Perry his household recognition. Perry played a brooding millionaire’s son, Dylan McKay. This role made Perry a teen idol and a total heartthrob from 1990 to 1995.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer brought even more of the heartthrob status, joining forces with the leading lady to fight the undead; it was the beginning of the love of vampire shows and movies.

Courtesy: Calgary Herald

Riverdale was what many of the 20-somethings crowd know Perry from. His role was as Fred Andrews, Archie’s dad on the show. I don’t know about you, but like many, I myself fell in love with Fred Andrews and loved that he was the parent that appeared the most throughout the seasons. Even with his old-fashioned ideas, he has a soft compassionate heart with a strong sense of humor—dad goals.  This was his most current role from 2017 and on. All new episodes of ‘Riverdale’ will be dedicated to Luke Perry.

A man that stole my heart from the first time I saw him in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and then made me fall for him all over again in Riverdale. Perry will be remembered as a loving man who was amazing at acting. We will never forget the heartthrob that brightened everyone’s days.

Kamaria is a double major in English Literature & Communications. Kamaria has served two companies with their editing departments for blogging and journalism. She has been published in two literary magazines. When she’s not watching Netflix, traveling, reading, or writing; you can catch her watching and playing sports. Please email any praise, comments, tips, hate, or inquiries to kyi7777@gmail.com
Her Campus at Florida State University.