#Tribe18: Everything You Need to Know About the New Seminole Football Class

National Signing day was a very successful day for the Seminoles as head coach Willie Taggart took control and recruited 21 signees— making Florida State ranked at No.10 in the best-recruited class in comparison to their rivals. The Seminoles have a lot to look forward to as Tribe18 is committed to “Do Something,” as Taggart says on Twitter. Our newly committed Seminoles are extremely excited to be committed to Florida State, as they shared tweets announcing their dedication to the team. After Jimbo Fisher, FSU’s previous head coach announced his commitment to Texas A&M, there was no doubt that someone with true diligence would lead the Seminoles into their destiny. With Taggart’s willingness to secure quantity over quality, class 2018 ranked higher over Texas A&M, which came in 16th place per rivals. Taggart secured team players that have been rated 4 to 5 stars; so, there is no denying that the potential this year will lead the ‘Noles into victory.

Courtesy: Tomahawk Nation

1. Out of 21 signees, 13 are rated 4-star players per 247 Sports.

With the Florida State football team, lacking receivers, it was critical for Taggart to find quality prospects to fill these positions, and most importantly, to play starting in the Fall. Taggart did exactly that and mentioned that the diverse capabilities will take the team far this year. With all the talent and potential in this year’s class, these elite players are all devoted to ensuring change for the Florida State Football team.

2. FSU signed players that will guarantee change.

“All those guys, they all have to be able to catch the football, period,” states Taggart. As Nole fans gathered to support their favorite team in 2016 there is no doubt in all our minds what we were thinking: why can’t anyone catch the ball? Without a doubt, there were great plays; however, it is comforting to know this year there will be a significant change. Taggart states, “we want them all to be able to do something with the football after they catch it,” after this statement, he adds that it was crucial to find diverse prospects. The fast guys, tall guys, and those to fulfill space to aid the other team members—and indeed he meant what he said.

3. The FSU football team has not signed a quarterback for the class of 2018.

On National Signing day Taggart stated he would have liked to fulfill the position. However, he did not and does not feel this is a deal breaker. FSU did sign the best class over every other school that made a coaching change. This suggests that Taggart wants to maintain consistency in signing prospects with expertise, instead of making the mistake of not choosing a quarterback wisely. However, Taggart did state that it is vital to fill this position in the upcoming year. FSU has made some possible offers, but the offers on the table were for players who were already committed to other schools. On a good note, FSU has time to scout for potential QB prospects to guarantee they have what it takes to carry the team.

Her Campus at Florida State University.