TrendSeeder, an up-and-coming online retailer based in New York City, has recently decided to team up with Florida State University for its first college campus collaboration.

What Makes TrendSeeder Different?

TrendSeeder is a company that aims for customers to launch their own trends, instead of following them. When we go to the mall, we walk into a store that offers a limited variety of clothing styles to its customers: a few pairs of jeans, a shirt that comes in every color of the rainbow, a skirt that comes in two different types of fabric – you get the point. Unfortunately, in today’s society, it is not very common for people to be their own trendsetters. Instead, many of us tend to stick to purchasing what is currently in style by shopping at department stores, boutiques, and other places.

TrendSeeder believes…

“What you wear and how you present yourself is a very personal decision and a natural extension of your personality and character, but what one wears these days is dependent on what the industry insiders decide should be made to the consumer.”

Nicole Girten, Chief Executive Officer of the campus collaboration and a freshman at FSU is looking forward to the collaboration:

• “I am very excited about the collaboration between TrendSeeder and Florida State. With the diversity amongst the student body, everyone is looking for something different in fashion, something distinct from the rest; TrendSeeder satisfies this with their collection of unique designers. TrendSeeder brings to the forefront designers who are offering new perspectives in the industry, and I feel that the students of FSU can empathize with this desire to break the mold.”

My Favorite Designer:

Althea Harper, one of the featured designers on the TrendSeeder website has some really exquisite pieces shown. Her dresses – which boast different lengths, silhouettes, and patterns – are perfect for a night out on the town, going to a pool party at a fancy Miami Beach hotel, or even grabbing dinner with your girlfriends.  

Take a Look!

Harper’s “Miranda Dress in White” (shown below) is perfect to wear to your next social or birthday extravaganza. Harper also has skirts, pants, and tunics featured on the website.

The “Happy Pant in Bristol” (shown below) is a personal favorite. The straight leg pant, which comes in a super catchy yet perfect for spring pattern, is guaranteed to turn heads.

For any college gal, you will not want to miss out on some of these trendsetting pieces. TrendSeeder also features a wide range of jewelry, scarves, men’s accessories, and many more unique pieces. And as a member of the TrendSeeder Editorial team myself, I am ecstatic to introduce Her Campus Florida State to a whole new way to shop.

Want to learn more about TrendSeeder at FSU? Beginning this fall, we will be hosting Pop-Up Shops across campus and at First Friday.  Keep a look out! You can also purchase the Happy Pant as well as the Miranda Dress by Althea Harper by visiting www.trendseeder.com.

Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be! 
My name is Mary Love and I'm a Senior and double major in English and Hotel Management at Florida State University.  I am more commonly found writing fiction pieces, and editing everything I can.  Her Campus is my first venture into published nonfiction and women's magazines.  I think Her Campus is a great resource for women who are both smart and feminine.  If you would like to contact me for an interview or to answer a Zodiac Question as Madame Mary, please email marylove@hercampus.com.