Trending Now: Peter Pilotto for Target

Hello, all you lovely trendsetters out there! Your favorite fashionista back for yet another semester to inform you on everything you need to know regarding the world of fashion. From the latest trends to the “must haves” you need in your closet this spring, I’m your go-to gal. I’ll be here the rest of the semester to give you fashion advice, updates on designer collaborations (hello, Sarah Jessica Parker for Manolo Blahnik!) and more.

There’s a lot going on in the fashion world at the moment, to say the least. Couture fashion week just came to an end (sigh) and Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is quickly approaching (don’t even get me started on how excited I am for that). On a serious note, there is one thing other than MBFW that I’ve been counting down the days for, and it has four words: PETER. PILOTTO. FOR. TARGET. Yes, you heard me right. London-based duo Peter Pilotto and his partner, Christopher De Vos, have revealed their collection for Target. The collection, which will become available on February 9th, will range in price from $14.99 to $79.99 – perfect for the fashionista on a college budget. From women’s apparel to accessories, PETER PILOTTO for Target is sure to go down as one of the best collaborations in retail history. Did I mention there are also swimsuits? For anyone planning on hittin’ up Miami Beach for spring break this year, you might want to pre-order one of the swimsuits from the collection ASAP.

Now onto the important stuff: the clothes. Bright, spring-themed color palettes, asymmetrical hemlines and funky patterns make up PETER PILOTTO for TARGET in its entirety. For anyone that is familiar with Pilotto’s previous work, he is known for incorporating elaborate patterns and designs into his clothing. The patterns and color schemes he incorporated into his Target collaboration are a lot different from anything he’s done in the past, which I admire him for. I mean, it is 2014, isn’t it? It’s time to step out of the box this spring season and become the trendsetter you’ve always wanted to be. Why not start with a little something designed by Peter Pilotto?

The #1 reason why I love PETER PILOTTO for Target is the fact that he incorporates so many different pieces into his collection. Strapless dresses, skirts, blouses and even swimwear – something many previous Target collaborators didn’t have. The simple fact that Pilotto included a variety of swimwear pieces in his collection is enough to make it stand out from the rest, and rightfully so.

If you’re like me, you’ll be camping out in front of your local Target on February 8th with your sleeping bag and Starbucks just so you can be the first one in line for the PETER PILOTTO for Target collection (no, I am not kidding). I am hoping and praying to the fashion gods that the collection doesn’t sell out online overnight, but if worst comes to worst, NET-A-PORTER.COM will also be selling the collection on their website beginning February 9th. Anyone interested in viewing the official lookbook for the collection can do so by clicking here. I hope you all take the time to shop the collection (and don’t forget to leave some clothes for me). 

Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be! 
Her Campus at Florida State University.