Trending Now: New York Fashion Week

Introducing Her Campus FSU’s first themed week: Fashion Week. This semester, Her Campus FSU has created themed weeks dedicated to exclusive content we believe all of our readers should have access to. In honor of the events taking place across the globe, from February 15-19 we’re letting you in on the latest industry trends as the runways begin to come to life again. Keep up on the site for the next few days as we tackle everything from NYFW to Yeezy Season 3 to a killer fashion profile you don’t want to miss. 

New York Fashion Week (NYFW) draws huge crowds from all over the world. If you didn’t get the invite but still want to look trendy this upcoming fall, we’ve got you covered. Here are the top trends that were all over the runways. 

Suits

An almost business-y feel came across from many different designers from Altuzara all the way to Michael Kors. Blazers were everywhere, some were embellished with jewels and many were made of heavy tweed materials. Gray pinstriped pants completed the looks for an office-ready outfit.

Michael Kors

Courtesy: Vogue Runway

Altuzarra

Courtesy: Vogue Runway

Fur

I know us Florida State girls love our fur vests so keep them for next year and you will be right on trend! If a full on fur coat is too much for you, then go for something with a fur trim. Also, don’t be afraid of colored fur. Color is another trend as Libertine demonstrates in its show. 

Libertine

Courtesy: Vogue Runway

Prabal Gurung

Courtesy: Vogue Runway

Color

Usually the fall collections are very muted in the color palette. This year, there was a surprising amount of bright colors. Jeremy Scott and Delpozo are a few of the designers who embraced this in their lines. Even the Yeezy Season 3 collection featured brighter colors, which is a change from its previous exclusively muted palette.

Libertine

Courtesy: Vogue Runway

Jeremy Scott

Courtesy: Vogue Runway

Graphic Patterns

This is another surprising twist to the fall 2016 collections. Usually graphics are more present in the spring, but this trend was very much embraced in many collections such as Opening Ceremony and Alexander Wang. Vivid designs were printed over many fabrics – this trend in particular is very easily accessible to anyone on a budget. Stores such as Forever 21 and ASOS sell many items like this.

Opening Ceremony
Courtesy: Vogue Runway

Alexander Wang
Courtesy: Vogue Runway
Hey my name is Taylor! In my free time I like reading/watching videos about anything beauty related. I have way more lipstick than a girl could ever need, but I will probably buy more. I'm a documentary addict and love learning about new things.
Editor-in-Chief, Her Campus FSU // Follow me @rachelepstein_