Truthfully, I’ve never been one for TV. I tend to start watching something and get bored or get too stressed out by the things that are going on in the characters’ lives. Because of this, I’m not big on some of the TV shows that most people love. Recently, however, I’ve found myself watching a few specific shows. Because I finally was able to get into some TV shows, I thought that I would share them because if I, horribly picky tv watcher, like them maybe you will too. In case you want to give it a shot these are the TV shows that I’ve been loving recently.

The Circle

By now I’m sure you’ve heard of The Circle. If you like Big Brother, you’ll love this one. It’s a reality TV show in which the contestants are each secluded in their own apartment. They communicate with each other through “The Circle”, a voice-activated social network. Players compete to be rated as the best player by their teammates. The only catch is that none of the other players really know who they’re dealing with since some players are catfish.

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

Despite what you may believe High School Musical: The Musical: The Series is not just a children’s show. Although it doesn’t necessarily deal with the most mature topics, it is definitely worth the watch. This show was so nostalgic for me because it was so heavily involved in the original movie, while still being unique and having its own storyline. Not going to lie I binged this in two days. Honestly, it made Disney+ worth it for me. The show follows Nini, a junior at the school that the original movie was filmed. As a 17-year-old theatre girl, she’s definitely mixed up in some drama but the support she has from her friends makes the show wholesome. I wanted to go back to high school after watching this one.

Dickinson

Wow. I loved this show. When I first saw the trailer for Dickinson I became so excited about watching it. Although it came out last year, I was only able to watch it this past week, as I didn’t have Apple TV (heads up: you get a year free if you buy a new Apple product). It was worth the wait. If you’ve never heard of it or don’t know what it’s about, the show features Hailee Steinfeld as Emily Dickinson, the famous poet. The show puts a modern lens on the lives of Dickinson and her teenage friends, while also highlighting some defining moments in her life that inspired her poetry.

Katy Keene

After binging the three shows listed above, I felt empty. I needed to find something else to watch. I remembered seeing the trailer for Katy Keene and decided to give it a shot, although I can’t binge it since it’s on The CW. I was able to watch the first few episodes on The CW App and I’m now obsessed. Starring Lucy Hale, the show focuses on the lives of four friends living in New York City. Each has their own creative passions and goals and are trying to pursue them in the Big Apple. I found myself inspired to move to New York and pursue my dreams after watching only two episodes.

There you have it, my top TV shows at the moment. Feel free to check them out! Enjoy!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Emily is a junior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media and minoring in Communications. In her free time, she enjoys singing, discovering new music, and tracking down the best coffee in Tallahassee. Find her on Instagram @emischutz.
Her Campus at Florida State University.