Style > Beauty

Top Instagram Accounts Every Fashion and Beauty Lover Needs to Follow

If you couldn’t make it to New York Fashion Week or Milan Fashion Week, then get ready for what I am about to share with you. Thanks to the power of social media and Instagram, I have discovered several fashion and makeup accounts that I love to follow! Later, I’ll insert IG screengrabs of a selection of the makeup accounts run by celebrity, New York-based makeup artists like Hung Vanngo (@hungvanngo) and Mario Dedivanovic (@makeupbymario). YouTube has quickly become a platform for uprising makeup artists to gain a following of their craft.

Hung Vanngo is a celebrity makeup artist to clients including Selena Gomez, Emma Ratajkowski, Alexis Ren and sisters Gigi and Bella Hadid. Vanngo is represented by BEL/The Wall Group and with IMG model agency. He uploads exclusive BTS pictures at the Emmys, the Grammys, NYFW, and on countless photo shoots. You feel as if you’re backstage with Selena Gomez. His talent is captured flawlessly just like the makeup looks he creates for his clients.

Mario Dedivanovic is known for his elite makeup classes “Masterclass” that travel to cities like Dubai. He also found his muse 10 years ago on his first appointment with his new client, Kim Kardashian. The two have worked together since then,  and Kim occasionally makes an appearance to Mario’s Master Classes. Mario started his career at the young age of 17 years old. After getting rejected several times by makeup agencies and even when his boss explicitly told him he’ll never make it as a gay male makeup artist. Mario has surpassed even his own expectations of his career working with companies like Anastasia Beverley Hills and Laura Mercier.

YouTube-based makeup artist that are usually freelance artists or find amusement in uploading makeup tutorial and try-on-haul clothing videos to their channel. YouTubers like Desi Perkins, Jaclyn Hill, and Casey Holmes are a few of the forerunners in the online community. They have posting makeup/style pictures on their Instagram in common. From high-end to drug/department store, each of these accounts shares a balance of it all! The video can be chit-chat GRWM which means you get ready with her, putting on makeup and catching up together, or it can be a tutorial of a makeup look either full coverage glam or an everyday look. For inspiration and maybe even a creativity boost, make sure to follow these ladies on Instagram.

Some days my spirit animal is Leslie Knope. Other days, it's April.
Her Campus at Florida State University.