david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 5 Throwback Flicks to Get You in the Fall Spirit

Although heat exhaustion is a normal occurrence for me on the way to class, it’s fall in my heart and that’s all the really matters. One of my favorite things to do during this season is to take it back to my favorite flicks that give me all the fall vibes. These classics are perfect for a night in with your girls and will have you feeling nostalgic. In no particular order, here are the perfect throwback films for the best season of the year.

1. Twitches (2005)

2005 was one of the best years for Disney movies. Yes, most of us were five years old, but we were truly living our best lives. This “Sister Sister” duo made my childhood dreams. Twitches has that sisterly bond we all want, the fashion statement we wish we made, and the Halloween party we’ve always wanted to throw. Also, I can never listen to “Rush” by Aly & AJ and not think about this movie. 

2. Hocus Pocus (1993)

Honestly, you can’t get more fall-themed than releasing three witches from Halloween night in Salem, Massachusetts. Pair this movie up with some cookies, blankets and only your friends that can jam out to “I Put a Spell on You” and you’ve got yourself the perfect movie night.

3. You’ve Got Mail (1998)

Came for the holiday theme but stayed for Tom Hanks. Although Halloween is the favorite holiday in the fall, Thanksgiving is too underrated. You’ve Got Mail has everything we want in a chick flick – the drama, the romance and celebrating Thanksgiving in none other than New York City. If you not only want the fall feels, but also some swoon-worthy feels then this is the perfect fall flick.  

4. The Blind Side (2009)

Fall season basically means football season, especially for college students studying at a big football school. This true story made all my friends and I ugly cry, and we’re not afraid to say that we’re proud of it. Who doesn’t love an inspirational movie that makes you feel like you can do anything? Although The Blind Side is not a typical girl’s night in movie, it has all the family, football and fall feels we want to watch this season.

5. Halloweentown (1998)

If you didn’t want Aggie Cromwell to be your grandma while watching this, did you really watch the movie? Seriously, if there’s one movie you have to watch from this list, it’s Halloweentown. This movie literally screams fall with its title, plot and setting. I mean, let’s just admire this pumpkin for a hot second… 

Some more throwbacks that didn’t make the list, but deserve all the love are CasperDon’t Look Under The Bed, and Double, Double, Toil and Trouble. Whether you choose to stay home with some Halloween candy or not, these movies are the perfect spooky and fall-themed choice to add to your fall movie list.

All gifs courtesy of Giphy.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on InstagramTwitter, and Pinterest!

Victoria Cardoso is an Editing, Writing, and Media major at Florida State University. When she’s not writing for Her Campus FSU, she’s probably watching Harry Potter, reading a book, or eating a slice of pizza.
Her Campus at Florida State University.