Top 10 Brunch Spots in Tallahassee

We’re back with another themed week on the site: Food Week. This semester, Her Campus FSU has created themed weeks dedicated to exclusive content we believe all of our readers should have access to. Keep up on the site for the next few days as we cover everything from the best brunch spots in Tallahassee to a complete recount of what went down when one of our staff writers decided to cook a meal in her dishwasher (yes, it’s a thing and yes, she actually tried it). Don’t miss out!  

There’s nothing that cures a hangover like some good food and a Bloody Mary. That’s exactly why God gave us brunch. The number of brunch options in Tally, however, is (almost) endless. So if you aren’t sure exactly where to brunch this weekend after your night out, this list has got you covered. Be warned though, it’ll be tough to pick just one.

1. The Southern Public House

Courtesy: The Southern

The Southern Public House is relatively new to the restaurant scene in Tallahassee, having only been open since September of 2015. You’d never know though, as every brunch item is deliciously perfected. Take your pick of Chicken and Waffles with pepper jelly sauce drizzled on top, the Southern Benedict, or the Mexican Shipwreck (all yummy options). No matter what you choose, make sure to get a side of their heavenly cheese grits. Prices on the brunch menu range from $6 to $14, so whether your wallet is on the thin side or you’re ready to splurge a little, brunch at The Southern is an excellent choice.

2. Canopy Road Café

Courtesy: Canopy Road Café

If you have a craving for some really good pancakes, head on over to Canopy Road Café. They not only have tons of signature pancakes to choose from, but stellar French toast, breakfast sandwiches, and custom omelets, too.  The prices on the menu aren’t bad either, maxing out at around $10. While you’ll probably have to wait a few minutes to be seated on the weekend (they’re that good), your stomach will definitely thank you.

3. Madison Social

Courtesy: Madison Social

While it may be the obvious choice when it comes to brunch in Tallahassee, MadSo is on the list for good reason. It’s not only close to campus, but their food and drinks are equally delicious. For $19 you can get two Mimosas or Bloody Mary’s with an entrée, which any brunch goer knows is a great deal. So grab some friends and split the BLT dip (trust me, it’s amazing), because Madison Social will satisfy all of your brunch needs.

4. Azu Lucy Ho’s Restaurant

Courtesy: Azu

Chicken and waffles aren’t really your speed? Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Azu is perfect for your brunchin’ needs. For around $13 you can feast on a Chinese buffet that you thought only existed in your dreams. Azu offers everything from General Tso’s chicken to fresh sushi rolls. It’s not your average Chinese take-out quality either. Azu’s food is beyond delicious, making it one of the best brunch places in town.

5. Prime Time

Courtesy: Prime Time

Prime Time doesn’t only have great burgers and biscuits to offer on their brunch menu. For $14 endless mimosas are on the menu, along with their Bloody Mary Bar featuring various Bloody Mary mixes and hot sauces so you can customize it yourself. The menu is moderately priced, so if you plan on eating and getting sauced at brunch (sorry, I had to), expect to drop some extra cash.

6. Maple Street Biscuit Company

Courtesy: Maple Street Biscuit

There’s no shame in craving a quick brunch before class. Grab a sandwich at Maple Street Biscuit and take care of that appetite. The Loaded Goat, The Ralphie, and The Five and Dime are just a few of the biscuit sandwiches this restaurant has to offer, all for under $10 dollars and almost as quick as fast-food. It doesn’t really get any better than brunch food on the go, does it?

7. Paisley Cafe

Courtesy: Paisley Cafe

Paisley Cafe is the best brunch spot on the list if you want the cutest Snap Chat story in Tally. They serve their iced coffee in mason jars, and the soups come in probably the most adorable little bowls on planet earth (pictured above). Their food is just as awesome, with plenty of delicious options to choose from. I suggest ending your meal on a sweet note with their Nutella bread pudding. Expect to spend around $20 a person for brunch, as it is a little on the pricey side. Your snap chat story and taste buds, however, will thank you.

8. Liberty Bar & Restaurant

Courtesy: Yelp

Looking for a fancy brunch spot this weekend? With Blue Crab Benedict and an Artisan Cheese Board on the menu, Liberty Bar & Restaurant is the perfect place. Their cocktails are just as lavish with names like ‘Smoke and Mirrors’ and ‘Lord Summerisle’. If you’re planning on eating and drinking at brunch, plan on spending some money too, as most drinks alone clock in around $9. The food and experience you’ll receive, however, will be worth your coin.

9. Woodchuck’s Cafe

Courtesy: Woodchuck’s Cafe

If you’ve ever used the phrase “don’t judge a book by its cover”, now would be a good time to practice what you preach. Attached to a Sunoco on Tharpe Street, Woodchuck’s cafe is a culinary gem camouflaged by gas pumps.  Promoting home style food, brunch at Woodchuck’s makes the list for good reason. The Honey Chicken Tender Bowl, Godzilla, and the stuffed French toast are all delicious options. The price is just as appetizing, with pretty much everything under $10, making it an awesome place to grab brunch whenever the craving hits. 

10. Uptown Cafe

Courtesy: Visit Florida

Boasting its 33 years of operation, Uptown Cafe is locally owned treasure. With the option to build your own grits on the menu, this Southern classic is a win in our book. Their Bacon Pancake Breakfast, Blackened Chicken Hash Browns, and Banana Bread French Toast all have my mouth watering, too. Most items are around $10, making it cheap and tasty: the best of both worlds.

Regardless of where you brunch this weekend, you really can’t go wrong if you pick from our list. All of these Tallahassee restaurants are absolutely enticing. So text your group-chat, and make some brunch plans ASAP, you don’t want to miss out! 

Caylen is a Senior at Florida State University. She is Majoring in English Literature. Caylen loves reading, elephants, Chick-fil-A, and her Netflix account.
Her Campus at Florida State University.