Tips and Tricks for Attending a Concert

Thanks to my best friend here in Tallahassee, I had the opportunity to attend a Kane Brown concert this month. What turned into a weekend trip left us with lasting memories and laughs that will be cherished forever. Throughout this weekend I learned a few tips and tricks that are extremely helpful when it comes to attending a concert.

Get there early

This was easily the best thing we could have done at the concert. You can sit in your car for a while beforehand, but this makes parking a breeze.

Plan ahead

Whoever you are going with, make sure you’re on the same page as to how the day is going to go. Plan activities before the concert that don’t drain too much energy so you’re up and moving once the music starts.

Park a little farther from the venue

If this makes leaving a lot easier, you’ll thank yourself later on, despite the little walk to the car.

Wear comfortable shoes

As cute as some shoes may be, make sure that your feet won’t be killing you mid-concert because that is the worst feeling in the world.

Take a picture of where you parked your car

This will save you after the concert. You’ll be some pumped from the event, you’re more than likely to forget where you parked. A picture will save you from aimlessly walking around for half an hour.

Courtesy: McKenzie Ozment

Eat a snack beforehand

Do this to make sure you have enough stamina to get through the next couple of hours. Being tired in the middle of a concert is terrible and makes it hard to enjoy the music.

Clear bags make life easier

To save yourself time during the security checkpoint, a clear bag will help you get through the line faster. It also helps when you’re trying to find something at the bottom of the bag and saves some time from digging around.

Bring a portable charger

Anticipate that you will be taking photos and videos all night. A portable charger will make sure you never miss capturing a moment.

Have Advil

On the off chance that you get a headache, some type of anti-inflammatory will save you during a concert.

Put your phone down

Even though you have a portable charger, make sure you enjoy the moment. Although a picture is worth a thousand words, there’s nothing quite like seeing thousands of people all singing along to the same song.

The most important thing to do at a concert is to have fun and enjoy the event. You’re there for the experience, so make sure you truly enjoy the moment.

FSU '22

Her Campus at Florida State University.