Former UF quarterback, Tim Tebow and Miss Universe 2017, Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, have gotten married in South Africa, Nel-Peter’s native country, after getting engaged last January. Tebow posted several photos on Instagram and Twitter of him and his wife Sunday night. Photos included the two of them in their wedding attire, the couple’s matching red fashion for their rehearsal and shots of the couple and their wedding guests with their faces adorned with traditional South African face paint.

The sunset ceremony was traditional, in accordance to Nel-Peters and Tebow’s wishes, and was held at La Paris Estate in Cape Town, South Africa. The vows exchanged at the 30-minute ceremony were written for one another. “I want the vows to be perfect,” Tebow told People before the ceremony. “I’m leaving in the traditional things like ’till death do us part,’ but I’m also adding some of my own things to it.”

“We’re both very traditional,” Nel-Peters told PEOPLE. “We wanted to look back at the wedding and see that it was intimate, elegant and traditional. We definitely wanted it to be something that we could look back on and know that nothing was dated. We want to remember this day for the rest of our lives.”

Courtesy: South Africa Trendolizer

Nel-Peters’ gown was from David’s Bridal and her diamond and pearl earrings were from Marion Rehwinkel Jewelry. Nel-Peters said she looked at over 50 dresses before deciding what she wanted. Antar Levar designed Tebow’s tux while the suits worn by the groomsmen were designed by Indochino. The ceremony combined elements of American and South African culture, including a white, gold, green and black color palette. David’s Bridal also provided the bridesmaids’ dresses. At the reception, the menu included both American and South African cuisine.

According to ABC News, the 260 guests in attendance dined on steak, mussels, assorted cheeses and pasta, along with two types of wedding cake. One was a more traditional wedding cake. The other was a keto-friendly cake made especially for Tebow. “We choose a cheesecake,” said Nel-Peters to People. “That way, Tim can stick to his diet.” The couple also chose their favorite salad that includes baby spinach, bacon, berries, cucumbers, vinegar and olive oil.

“I’ve been looking forward to three things,” Tebow said. “The first moment I see her in her wedding dress, the first kiss and the first dance together as man and wife. It’s such a special night.” Tebow also posted several videos on his Instagram story with behind the scenes footage of his preparation for the wedding. The videos show him and his groomsmen getting dressed, Tebow and his family praying and Tebow greeting guests, such as singer Harry Connick Jr., before heading into the venue.

“I’ve been waiting my entire life for someone special,” Tebow told People, “who I can spend the rest of my life with. I was waiting for the right person to come along. And now I’m marrying Demi. I can’t wait to see what our future holds. All of my dreams have come true. It was 100 percent worth the wait.”

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Although I'm born and bred in Florida, my heart and my feet take me wherever I feel. That's what gave me such wonderful experiences as my journeys to New York City, my summer spent at the Blue Ridge Summer Institute in Sweet Briar Virginia, and even across the pond to the Netherlands and France. A writer at heart, I also foray into other artistic pursuits such as drawing, playing music, and singing (mostly in the shower.) When I'm not busy with classes, I'm often watching a good show on Netflix, or playing a game of Dungeons and Dragons with some other fellow nerds.
Her Campus at Florida State University.