Life > Academics

Where the “Grey’s Anatomy” Characters Would Study on Campus

As a huge Grey’s Anatomy fan and pre-med student, I found it only fitting to match my favorite characters to where I think they would study on campus if they attended Florida State University.

1. Cristina yang: dirac

Starting off strong with single-handedly the best character in Grey’s Anatomy history, cardio god Cristina Yang. I think Yang would enjoy the quietness of the top floors of Dirac and its close proximity to all the science buildings; she would definitely take advantage of this when she needs to cram for an exam. Dirac is also open until 1 a.m., giving Cristina the perfect amount of time to stay up late studying and still make it home for a restful sleep.

2. jo wilson: landis green

Jo was a little harder to figure out than the other characters, but after careful consideration and light rewatching of her best seasons, I’ve decided she’s a Landis Green girl. Jo would start studying for her exams a week early, and once she’s done with classes for the day at around noon, she would grab her blanket and her anatomy textbooks and bask in the sun while downloading information into her brain.

3. alex kareV: a random uninhabited classroom

Karev definitely likes his privacy when he’s pulling all-nighters for an exam the next day, so he would start studying at around 9 p.m. the night before and try to find an empty classroom in either HCB or the psychology building where he can have his peace and quiet. I’d imagine his textbooks would be sprawled out all over the largest desk in the room, pen cap in his mouth while he focuses on the task at hand with an energy drink at his side.

4. izzie stevens: strozier, specifically the second floor

The second floor of Strozier is the perfect place for Izzie to study because it’s not deathly silent, but it also isn’t nearly as loud as the first floor. I think Izzie would prefer to study with other people, so this floor would allow them to have conversations without being yelled at for being too loud. Izzie is also definitely hitting Starbucks to get herself an iced coffee while she studies, every single time. Occasionally, Izzie will head to the first floor with her friends just to use the whiteboards and brainstorm concepts to help retain the information, but she’s mostly a second floor girl.

5. jackson avery: a private study room in dirac

Avery would book a study room for himself approximately two nights before his exam, because he knows this is the best time to study and actually grasp the concepts. Avery will spend every minute of his four-hour booking sitting in that room, using the projector to play videos from his computer and have music playing in his AirPod Pros to tune everything else out. His organic chemistry final is just two days away, and even though he skipped a few classes throughout the semester, he understands everything pretty well; he just has to memorize all the organic compound structures, and he isn’t leaving that room until he does.

6. amelia shepherd: landis hall sky room

Amelia, although messy and continuously misses her classes for no reason, is very intelligent and typically teaches herself by reading the textbook and watching recorded lectures at the last minute. The sky room is Amelia’s ideal study spot because after spending hours cramming, it allows her to look out the windows and zone out for a while staring at the trees. I feel like Amelia would also like to people-watch when she’s taking a study break, so this spot is perfect for her.

7. april kepner: her room

April is most definitely spending hours each day studying for her finals and starting over a week in advance. I would also imagine her kicking her roommate out so she can be alone and have a quiet study space without having to leave her room. Her roommate would hate her for this, but she’d do it anyway because she’s scared of April when she fails an exam.

8. arizona robbins: strozier top floor

Arizona would like the idea of being in the library with other people around her, but she has to be on the top floor because she needs her silence to concentrate. She would also get a matcha latte from Starbucks before she heads up and spends a healthy amount of time studying, taking breaks in-between and doing everything effectively. She has the perfect study routine down and is sure to pass all her finals with flying colors.

9. meredith grey: her car before a shift at work

We all know Meredith is a workaholic, but she still makes time for her studies as well, even though she’s just naturally gifted. I’d imagine Meredith sitting in her car reading out of a biochemistry textbook, pressuring herself into studying even though she attended class every single day and knows everything there is to know already. After she finishes studying, she’d go into a hefty nine-hour shift and go to bed early, waking up fresh and ready for her final the next day.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

hi! my name's allison, i'm currently attending florida state university majoring in exercise physiology in hopes of going to med school to become an ob/gyn! i'm an iced coffee lover, heavy criminal minds watcher, and a pumpkin flavored everything enthusiast.