The Wolf Pack is Back: “Teen Wolf” Movie Coming in 2022

Teen Wolf has been taking social media by storm throughout the past year and a half. The hashtag has over 13.8 billion views on TikTok, 6.8 million posts on Instagram and the TeenWolf subreddit has 22.2 thousand members. Social media accounts for Teen Wolf have amassed a total following of over six million and over the two days that their new TikTok account posted, they had already reached 219,000 followers. This does not come as a shock as it was one of MTV’s most popular shows, averaging almost two million total viewers each week during its first season in 2011.

Fans of Teen Wolf have been asking for a season seven for years now. If you look at any post or tweet from their social media accounts, you can find accounts begging for this show to continue. Not only that, but cast members like Tyler Posey, Colton Haynes and Cody Christian have been expressing their want to start filming something new for quite a while. On June 5, 2020, cast members got together virtually to celebrate the nine-year anniversary of Teen Wolf and benefit the First Responders First Charity; however, no news was given on continuing the story that had ended over two years ago at that point.

Flash forward to Sep. 24 of this year, it was announced that a Teen Wolf movie would be coming to Paramount+ in 2022. The post on Instagram garnered over four million views and the Tweet has over 75 thousand retweets. Fans have finally been given what they have been asking for and it is proving to be something many people are looking forward to.

Although the public does not know too many details about this movie such as cast, concrete plot or the exact date it will be dropping, Jeff Davis (writer and producer of Teen Wolf and creator of Criminal Minds) has said that this movie deal is only part of a huge deal that he made with MTV Entertainment Studios. The movie will see him as the writer and executive producer, with talks that original cast members will be coming back to reprise their roles.

In the Teen Wolf movie, a new evil has descended upon Beacon Hills and help is needed once again from familiar faces. The wolf pack is back together alongside Banshees, Werecoyotes, Hellhounds and Kitsunes. Only Werewolf Alpha Scott McCall will be able to bring new and old allies back to Beacon Hills to fight what might be the most powerful enemy they have ever faced. To get prepped for the movie, Paramount+ will be adding all six seasons of the original show in December.

Cast members confirmed to be returning include Tyler Posey, Holland Roden, Cody Christian and Colton Haynes, but with the description of the movie, fans are speculating that they will also be getting back regulars like Arden Cho and Ryan Kelley. Many of these actors have shared the Tweet and Instagram post to their own feeds giving hope to fans that their characters will be making a comeback. Dylan O’Brien has not reposted the announcement to his Twitter and has instead been liking tweets mentioning that he has not done so, either to keep audiences on edge or because he will not be reprising his role as Stiles.

Along with the Teen Wolf movie, Jeff Davis has been signed on to develop new series Wolf Pack based on the novel written by Edo Van Belkom and the reimagining of the MTV animated series Aeon Flux. This is a multi-year deal that will see Davis jumping back into the writing and producing scene that he has been out of since Teen Wolf ended in 2017.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hey there! I'm a staff writer for Her Campus FSU and my passions include reading, writing and binge watching anything Netflix suggests to me. My major is Editing, Writing and Media and I'm minoring in Women's Studies. I'm a lover of all things Taylor Swift, YA novels and cringey TikToks. In my free time, you can catch me cuddling with my cat Mavis or making some delicious food while an episode of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina plays in the background.