Taylor Tachell Talks Her Job with SGA, Future Plans and More

Name: Taylor Tachell 

Year: Junior

Age: 20

Hometown: Palm Coast, Florida

Major: Marketing and Risk Management & Insurance

Courtesy: Taylor Tachell

Her Campus (HC): Why did you decide to become both a marketing and risk management & insurance major?

Taylor Tachell (TT): I solely want to make a lot of money. Just kidding. Not really. Although making a good amount of money contributes to why I chose the majors I did, it is not the sole factor. I have always been extremely interested in the business world. I am not exactly sure what drew me to it, but I always knew I wanted to be a part of Corporate America — and marketing just sounded interesting. The more I learn about it, the more I love it. I just recently added Risk Management & Insurance as my second major because I realized how much useful knowledge it brings about. It applies to all aspects of business, and I think it will really augment the skills I have developed here at FSU.

HC: What are your plans once you graduate college?

TT: Once I graduate college, I hope to get a job working for a large corporation in their marketing office. I eventually hope to work my way up to become a Chief Marketing Officer. Although this is my plan, life has a way of working itself out in ways that are completely out of our control — I am excited to see what my future might hold.

HC: What is your dream job?

TT: Oddly enough, I wouldn’t really consider my dream job to be a job at all. I hope to one day open a not-for-profit organization that helps families in dangerous or poverty stricken areas get the basic necessities for a healthy life and provide them with the resources to maintain that healthy lifestyle. Above all else, I love children. I believe that no child should have to grow up in an unsafe environment, especially if there is anything I can do to prevent it. If I can help create a better life for just one child and his or her family, then I have accomplished something.

HC: What are some school-related activities that you are involved in?

TT: I am a member of the American Marketing Association, Gamma Iota Sigma and am on the executive board for Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) and Gamma Iota Sigma.

HC: What position do you hold on the executive board for FBLA?

TT: I am the Vice President of Recruitment. My job is to coordinate with our Vice President of Marketing to promote ongoing events that we hold, stay connected with students on Nole Central and plan programs to attract new members. I am proud to say that as of our last meeting, we have nearly tripled our attendance and member rate since the beginning of the year.

HC: Why did you decide to become a part of the executive board for FBLA?

TT: My main motivator, at first, was because I knew it would look good on my resume. But it has honestly been one of the best decisions I could have made. FBLA has an awesome alumni advisor who helps us with everything we might need. FBLA’s executive board is full of extremely ambitious students who only want to grow and learn — but don’t worry, we all definitely still know how to have a good time! (Wink, wink).

HC: Besides all of these extracurricular activities, do you have an internship or job?

TT: I work in the Student Government Association (SGA) on campus. My official title is Office Assistant, but I like to think of myself as the Jack-of-all-Trades. I answer any and all questions that students may have about SGA and I work with all of our Agencies and Bureaus to help with whatever they need. When I started working in SGA, I really didn’t know much about it. Since I have started, I have met so many wonderful students and staff members that care more about the student body than they will ever know. They want to make sure that everyone gets the most out of their time here at FSU — and they have without a doubt helped me do so.

Senior at the beautiful Florida State University. Creative writing major, entrepreneurship minor. Health enthusiast. Rap music aficionado. Find me (on my cheat days) at Yogurt Mountain rapping Migos.
Her Campus at Florida State University.