Tallahassee’s Haunting New Halloween Store

If you’re having some trouble deciding on or creating your award-winning, eye-catching, or just plain weird Halloween costume, Party City has come to your rescue. They opened a “pop-up” store just a couple doors down, named Halloween City. If you are directionally challenged and use Google Maps to get everywhere, like I do, the address is 1665 Apalachee Parkway. It opened at the end of September and will be closing on Nov. 3.

When visiting, it is obvious that Halloween City has everything you could ever imagine for your costume. If you are having a Halloween party, there are colored plates, favors, and napkins. If you need to decorate your apartment, door, yard, or any property, there are props, fake spider webs, lights, pumpkins, décor and hanging displays which range from family-friendly to thrill-seeking.

Courtesy: YouTube

This is an example of some hanging which may be available at our Halloween City Location

If you couldn’t think that Halloween City could have any more themed goodies than I already mentioned, you better hold onto your hats, because they also have toddler, teen, and adult costumes, makeup for your ideal costume face, the perfect shoes to pair with your costume, and props, such as wings, wands, and swords. Not to mention, if you are a person who is just too lazy, or too busy, to design your costume from top-to-bottom, they have masks galore.

Courtesy: Cherry Lane Diaries

This is just an example of some of the masks which may be available at our store location. Be sure to check them out for even more masks!

When you happen to drop by, searching for your Halloween needs, you might notice that the windows have a bold “NOW HIRING” sign. If you’re interested, you can apply by going to careers.halloweencity.com. The store will be hiring about ten new people from now until the week of Halloween. So, if you’re broke, have some extra time, or would love to work in a world of fall décor, you should apply! If you do apply, please be aware that this is a seasonal store, so they will be closing on Nov. 3. It is possible that Party City will continue to employ you after this Halloween season, but it is more likely that you could request a recommendation from one of the managers to be employed in the future.

The store seems to have ever-changing hours. The closer the date to Halloween, the longer the store is open. Currently, the hours are 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. from Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday. Don’t worry though, they are open on Halloween, and associates will be celebrating the holiday by dressing up! If you need to grab a last-minute piece for your costume the store will be open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Halloween Day. Do be aware that the store is already very busy, and they only expect to get busier! If you are looking for something specific, you should go ASAP so someone else doesn’t buy it before you do! If you do go ahead of the holiday, and you, unfortunately, cannot find what you’re looking for in-store, you can always order it online at partycity.com and if you walk over to party city and order it in their store, it would be free shipping!

Happy costume hunting, little minions!

Her Campus FSU would like to thank the Assistant Manager of Halloween City, Alexis, for answering all of their questions!

A major in Criminology with an interest in everything else
Her Campus at Florida State University.