Finals week is approaching rapidly, but don’t fret because I’ve compiled a list of the best Tallahassee study spots. From libraries to parks, these are the top five places to hit the books in Tallahassee.

Strozier Library

Strozier is tried and true in the FSU community. With its different levels of noise dedicated to each floor, it’s perfect for people who like to have some background noise or complete silence when studying. My personal favorite part is the individual study rooms you can rent out for four hours at a time. Many people don’t know this, but you can also rent almost any school supplies you need for free with your FSU card. The library staff are able to provide you with pretty much anything you need including highlighters, pencils and phone chargers. I also love going to Strozier because I always run into someone to say hi to. 

Dirac Library 

Dirac is perfect for the STEM majors, as this library tends to have the higher tech computers. My only complaint is that it’s a little far from the main areas of campus, but if you live in any of the dorms nearby, it’s ideal. It is also close to all the science buildings, which is convenient if you live off campus and need a place to study before heading home. Dirac is also very close to the Woodward parking garage, which is nice for commuter students. At least, it is if you can find a parking spot.  

Greenwise on Gaines St.

My personal favorite place to study is Greenwise. With its indoor and outdoor seating, it’s perfect for any weather conditions. Not to mention that you can grab lunch or coffee while you study. I’ve always found that the Greenwise workers are especially nice, which is always a bonus. I’ve even seen people tailgating across the street before home games, which is always fun to watch. Greenwise is a staple for several reasons and is a short walk from campus. 

Black Dog Coffee 

Black Dog is a small, quaint coffee shop to study at. It’s on Lake Ella which is beautiful in the winter because lots of people walk around in that area. There is always a cute dog or family of ducks to see. Black Dog has lots of delicious food and specialty drinks, which are always sure to provide the much-needed fuel to power through a long study session. The quiet, homey atmosphere will be sure to put you in a studious mood. Bonus points because Black Dog is owned by a professor here at FSU!

Cascades Park 

If you’re looking to indulge in a pocket of nature in Tallahassee, be sure to check out Cascades Park. It is less than a 10-minute drive from campus and there are lots of outdoor tables to sit at. Cascades Park is a great place to check out even if you’re not studying. I’ve even seen a concert there! If you’re a fan of the outdoors and are looking for a calming place to spend your time, Cascades Park is your ideal spot. 

Good luck on your finals!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

Media and Communications student interested in writing for other college women.