Tallahassee Bucket List: What To Do Before You Graduate

Since I became a freshman at Florida State, I have been trying to do anything and everything around the Tallahassee area. Call it “fear of missing out” (FOMO), or just call it being adventurous, but I know that I’m not the only one who’s trying to check off everything on the list. Now, being a senior, I realize that there is still so much left to do before I graduate. While this list is not comprehensive (there are sooo many things to do here), it’s a good start to use as part of your personal Tallahassee Bucket List!

Looking for something to do in the great outdoors?

Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park

Courtesy: Florida State Parks

With an array of floral architecture, a secret garden, a reflection pool, and hundreds of blooming buds, Maclay Gardens has everything you need for a perfect date spot. The best time to go is in the spring when the flowers are blooming, although the gardens are beautiful year round.

Cascades Park

Courtesy: Tally Connection

Cascades Park is one of the newest social centers, conveniently located in Downtown Tallahassee – a nice bike ride away from campus. Art, nature, entertainment, history, and education are all perfectly combined in Cascades. Check out the Imagination Fountain Light Show over the weekends for a view you’ll never forget.

The Sinks

Courtesy: Proper Channel

Down for a hike? What about swimming in pristine waters surrounded by your friends and sunshine? Then the sinks are the perfect place for you. These sinkholes are a recipe for a perfect day in the Tallahassee sunlight. You can even impress your friends with a cool flip from the rope swing hanging over the water.

Looking for a night out on the town?

The Moon

Courtesy: Uplup

From concerts (such as Dirty Heads, Iron & Wine and Walk the Moon) to line dancing to local bands, the Moon has all of your music and dancing needs. Equipped with a multitude of bars, you won’t ever go home thirsty or bored with everything the Moon offers.

Fire Betty’s – Midtown

Courtesy: Facebook

Personally, I feel like at my age I’m torn between acting like a kid and trying to act like an adult. Fire Betty’s allows me to do both in their fun and exciting atmosphere, with 25 cent video games galore on one side and a full bar on the other. The best part is that there are several other bars nearby, including Fifth Avenue Tap Room, the Brass Tap, Finnegan’s Wake, the Wine Loft, and more to quench your thirst after quenching your nostalgia for childhood games.

Bullwinkle’s Saloon

Courtesy: Tallahassee Democrat

Affectionately nicknamed Bulls, this bar is the rowdiest on the Strip. You have to wait until you’re 21 to get in, but let me tell you – the wait is worth it. Four bars, two dance floors, a patio, and everything in between all come together to guarantee a great time while you’re here. Join the Thirsty Moose Club to try out the unlimited drink specials whenever you want!

If you haven’t checked out some of these places yet, be sure that you do before you graduate. You will not regret it.

Cassi is a junior at Florida State University. As an Environmental Studies major, Cassi likes outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and going to parks. She is part of a community Service Fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, which has brought her to some very unique and exciting experiences around Tallahassee. From washing dogs to preparing food for the elderly, Cassi loves to help the community out any way that she can. In her free time, Cassi likes to paint, read, take bubble baths, wreck her boyfriend at chess, beat the high score to Mrs. Pac Man at Voodoo Dog, play with her hamsters, or attend concerts. As always, this Seminole bleeds Garnet and Gold! 
Her Campus at Florida State University.