Sydnee Freeman: Nails to Die For

Name: Sydnee Freeman

Year: Senior

Major: English with a Concentration in Creative Writing

Hometown: Riviera Beach, Fla. 

The Princess of Coffin Nails

Here in Tallahassee, nail salons seem to lack a sense of creativity. While many of them can give you a nice set of both gel and regular polish on acrylic and natural nails, most are limited in what they can really do. Most don’t do ombré or chrome painted nails, they can’t execute the proper technique for coffin or stiletto shaped nails, and they aren’t able to spice them up with charms or rhinestones. Thankfully, there’s a new nail technician currently taking Tallahassee by storm so, if you’re looking for new ways to do your nails, look no further than ArtistryxIman.

Sydnee Freeman is the founder of ArtistryxIman. This 21-year-old who started off as a self-taught makeup artist and later became a self-taught nail technician is giving other nail technicians a run for their money. “I started teaching myself in June of 2016 by watching YouTube videos and then by Sept. 2016, I began taking clients on a regular basis.” Sept. marked one year and in that one year, Freeman’s Instagram portfolio (ArtistryxIman) consists of some of the most creative designs you’ll ever see.

When looking through ArtistryxIman’s Instagram account, you’ll notice the wide range of designs Freeman has done. The great thing about Freeman is that she’s constantly coming up with new and fresh designs so no two sets look the exact same. Each time she does a set of nails, she spices them up with different types of charms, glitter, and rhinestones so your nails won’t look like the next person’s (unless you request that of course).

Aside from doing rhinestones, charms, and glitter, she also does three-dimensional designs. She’s designed nails to look like actual ice cream cones and donuts. If three-dimensional designs aren’t your thing, she’s known by many as the Princess of Coffin Shaped Nails and she’ll definitely give you the best set of Coffin nails you’ve ever had. If you have no idea what you want to do, you can let her freestyle. In fact, many of her clients trust her so much that they allow her to do whatever designs she wants on their nails and as usual, it comes out looking flawless and stylish. Some of her freestyles include a nail set with the phrase “Don’t Get Mad, Get Money,” and another was done with denim jeans.

When asked what inspired her to start doing nails, Freeman responded with “I’m from West Palm Beach where we like to style our nails with charms and rhinestones. When I came to Tallahassee, not a lot of salons did that and those that did, charged a lot of money so I decided to teach myself.” Whether you’re looking for new ways to style your nails or you want a set of coffin-shaped nails that are to die for, you can’t go wrong with ArtistryxIman. Book your appointment today at ArtistryxIman and be sure to check out her Instagram account @ArtistryxIman.

All images courtesy of Sydnee Freeman.

A senior attending Florida State. Double majoring in English and French. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.