Surprise! Beyoncé is Pregnant and So Are These Other Celebrities

2017 has been saved.

Beyonce and Jay-Z are expecting. On Wednesday, Feb. 1, Queen B took to Instagram and left the pop culture world #shook. The singer simply stated, “We would like to share our love and happiness. We have been blessed two times over. We are incredibly grateful that our family will be growing by two, and we thank you for your well wishes.”

Her pregnancy announcement quickly gathered millions of Instagram likes and became a trending topic on Twitter. Like anything else that comes from Beyoncé, we’re all incredibly thrilled. Seems as though celebrities are just as excited as we are. Celebrities like Laverne Cox, Zara Larsson, Lil Yachty and Rihanna, flooded the internet with their congratulations. Hailey Baldwin tweeted, “I feel like I’m more excited for Beyoncé to be pregnant than I will be for my own child.” Honestly, same.

This isn’t the first time Beyoncé has left the world completely speechless. In 2011, she announced her first pregnancy while performing at the VMAs. Then, there was the release of her album Lemonade which basically appeared out of thin air, so, it really is no surprise that her pregnancy, with twins no less, would be announced with no hints beforehand. Yet, this pregnancy announcement was much more tamed than her first. No paparazzi. No crowds. No screaming fans (only through their phone screens of course).

However, Beyoncé and Jay-Z are not the only power couple that are expecting a new baby (or two) in 2017. In November, Amanda Seyfried and fiancé Thomas Sadoski announced they are expecting their first child. Tori Spelling is currently waiting for her fifth child, and Bristol Palin is moving on to her second.

New Girl, new baby! America’s favorite banged hair brunette, Zooey Deschanel, and husband Jacob Pechenik announced in January that they are expecting their second child. There’s also the queen of all things girly, AKA, Lauren Conrad. Yes, the Laguna Beach beauty is pregnant with her first child! Conrad is constantly flooding social media and the world with her fashion, beauty and style tips, and I’m sure we can expect the mom to be to share all of her adorable baby pictures and motherhood tips.

Courtesy: Instagram

Then there’s Camilla Luddington, otherwise known as Jo on the fan favorite drama, Greys Anatomy. The 33-year-old actress is expecting her first child with boyfriend, Matthew Alan. There is no word yet if her pregnancy will fall into the story line of Greys, but many fans are suspecting it will definitely be used to producer, Shonda Rhimes’, storytelling advantage. And yet again here to remind us how perfect their relationship is, Genevieve Padalecki and her supernatural husband Jared Padalecki are expecting their third child together this March.

It’s official, 2017 is the year of Hollywood babies and we couldn’t be more pumped!

Alejandra is a Junior at Florida State University double majoring in Media Communication Studies and Editing, Writing, and Media. Upon graduating from FSU she aspires to become a screenwriter.
Her Campus at Florida State University.