Street Style Takes Center Stage: 5 Blogs You Need to Follow

While everyone in the fashion world is buzzing about the latest trends on the runways, I’m personally looking the other way – to the girls on the street. The designer collections are beautiful, but are often not something I would ever wear. This is mostly due to the fact that I would have to sell my organs on the black market to afford them. So this is where the role of the fashion blogger comes in. These bloggers are real live girls with an incredible fashion sense who take trends from the runway and transform them into every day, stylish outfits. With New York Fashion Week happening just a few days ago, bloggers are out in flocks and they’re dressed better than ever. Here’s a few blogs you should be using for inspiration in the morning. All blogs even feature some great New York Fashion Week coverage! 

Courtesy: Where Did U Get That

Where Did You Get That

Karen is the creative genius behind Where Did U Get That, a blog showcasing street fashion 365 days of the year. With an incredible sense of style herself, she captured some of the best looks at Fashion Week. Even better is the fashion tips alongside the photos and links to similar outfits at affordable prices! 

Courtesy: Frankie Marin

Frankie Marin

He may not a female fashion maven but Frankie Marin still deserves a spot on this selective list as a connoisseur of clothes. Marin is a New York based fashion and lifestyle photographer. His blog is always filled with incredible photos, but his recent coverage of NYFW has been fantastic. Check out what people have been wearing to the shows, and even get a sneak peak at some of the happenings backstage with his blog coverage!

Courtesy: The Fashion Guitar

The Fashion Guitar

The Fashion Guitar by Charlotte has always been one of my favorite blogs. Always focused on incorporating a sense of honesty and reality into her posts, Charlotte makes her blog easily relatable! Her NYFW posts featuring day to day outfits along with stories of the shows make you feel like you were sitting right alongside her. Her NYFW rituals post along with her “Pre-fashion Week” outfit posts are also worth looking at! 

Courtesy: Style Bubble

Style Bubble

Susanna Lau, otherwise known as Susie Bubble, runs Style Bubble, a blog that includes a a little bit of everything. An editor from London, her well-written posts are a breath of fresh air and her quirky style is always fun to look at for inspiration. For those of you who do want to see some of what is going on in the shows, look no further! Susie got some incredible photographs of the Thom Browne show that would get anyone intrigued. 

Courtesy: Jag Lever

Jag Lever

Jag Lever, Swedish for “I Live” is a fashion blog run by Rachel-Marie Iwanyszyn.  Having studied photography in school, the images she posts look like they are straight from a magazine; her photos are by far some of my favorites online. Her style proves that you really can balance the latest trends while still showing off your personality! You have to see her NYFW outfit for day one; it’s currently my favorite look! 

Now that fashion week has come to a close, it seems that its recent move from the beloved Lincoln Center to two new locations in Skylight at Moynihan Station in Midtown and Skylight Clarkson Square in Soho were a success (Fashionista). Although it will probably make another move some time in the future, the two venues work perfectly for the time being. Interested in more fashion? No worries! With the show’s moving to London, Milan and Paris, there should still be plenty of street fashion to get you inspired! Keep checking some of these blogs as I’m sure they will continue to update!

Courtney is a sophmore at Florida State University and is currently studying Retail Merchandising and Product Development. She enjoys good books, has a slight obsession with dogs, and will be most likely found with coffee or tea in hand as she runs from class to class.
Her Campus at Florida State University.