jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Starbucks Unveils Their New Zombie Frappuccino

‘Tis the season to be spooky and Starbucks is all in! The Zombie Frappuccino is officially here, and we couldn’t be more obsessed. Since its arrival on October 26th, the blended beverage has been in incredibly high demand and we completely understand why!

Courtesy: Starbucks

The drink itself earns its green color from the caramel sour apple flavor. The oozing blood effect is created with a dark mocha drizzle, and the drink is topped off with a pink whipped cream brain. A typical “grande” size of the drink made with whole milk weighs in at 290 calories, with 45 calories from fat. For our more health-conscious people, click here for additional nutrition information.

After the extremely popular “Frappula Frappucino” of 2015 and 2016 (pictured below), Starbucks’ 2017 creation was highly anticipated. Unlike the Zombie Frap, last year’s Frappula Frap was made with a layer of mocha sauce and a dollop of whipped cream on the bottom. White chocolate mocha, milk and ice were blended together and layered on top, with a strawberry drizzle oozing from the rim. The beverage was then finished off with whipped cream on top and two holes to resemble a vampire bite!

Courtesy: Starbucks

Caramel Apple is clearly not a typical Frappuccino flavor, but we’re dying to find out if it’s as tasty as it sounds! Starbucks has had its ups and downs with these crazy flavors, and it’s impossible to please everyone. From the Frappula Frap to the more recent Unicorn Frap, these imaginative blended beverages tend to get some pretty mixed reviews.

While the actual flavor of this new drink may not be everyone’s cup of tea, one thing is pretty hard to deny: it’s one creative frap! Starbucks seems to be getting increasingly crafty and we simply can’t get over how well done this latest drink is. If you don’t buy the Zombie Frappuccino for the taste, you have to at least buy it for the picture.

So, in the spirit of Halloween, the only thing left is to find your nearest Starbucks and get your hands on this crazy creation! Naturally, the Zombie Frappuccino is expected to be available through Halloween. However, Starbucks advertises that the drink will only be available while supplies last, so get yours today!

School: Florida State University Year: Senior Major: Editing, Writing, and Media
Her Campus at Florida State University.