alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Weekend Must-Haves

Spring Weekend in Panama City Beach is probably one of the most memorable (or, not so memorable) weekends for Collegiettes out of the entire year. College students from across the country gather on the beach for a couple days to basically party and listen to good music. These college kids put in an astonishing amount of time and effort into finding the perfect hotel, who will drive there, who they should buy their ticket from, who they want to meet up with, exactly how much they’ll be drinking, etc. (I mean, think about the things we could do if we put the same effort into our school work.)

Put this all aside, and you will probably find that the biggest thing on any Collegiette’s mind a few weeks prior to Spring Weekend is what they’ll be wearing. Now, you’re probably thinking, “everyone basically just wears a bathing suit for two days straight, how hard can it be?” But, if you’re anything like me, that just makes it more difficult.

Because you’re wearing nothing but a bathing suit, you probably want it to be the perfect suit that fits just right and makes you look awesome. You also need to find the perfect accessories to compliment the suit, without taking away from it (and, preferably some that you aren’t afraid to lose or get a little dirty).

If you still haven’t found your two perfect suits yet, don’t panic. Here are a few resources that you will probably find helpful! (side note: if you aren’t attending Spring Weekend, you can still use these tips to get a jump-start on your summer wardrobe, or to keep handy for pool party season).

1. Triangl Swimwear

Source: Triangl Swimwear

You’ve all probably heard of (or seen) the wildly popular Triangl bathing suits. There’s a reason for that. The company offers a variety of bathing suits in different colors and styles, so you’re bound to fall in love with at least one (warning: you may fall in love with several). If you’re looking for a simple bathing suit that you can wear for years to come, the Chloe bathing suit is the classic two piece that comes in several colors, such as mint blue and solid white (each outlined with black lining).  However, you can also opt for a trendier suit, such as the Milly, which is essentially a structured neoprene bathing suit that can be bought in bright, solid colors, or in monochromatic colors.

If neither of these styles suits you, there are plenty more to browse on the website. The suits are sold in pieces so you don’t need to worry about overpaying for each piece. Another bonus is that the brand is only sold online, so you don’t have to worry about trying on the suit in a horribly lighted dressing room that makes you rethink your entire life (the site does have a sizing guide to make sure you find the suit that fits you).

2. Urban Outfitters

Source: Urban Outfitters

While Urban is a store typically known for it’s every day clothes, I stumbled upon some bathing suits in the store that were to die for. After browsing their website, I found that online they have a swim section filled with trendy and cute bathing suits. In typical Urban Outfitters fashion, some of them are a little out there, but if you do enough looking there are plenty of simple, stylish ones. The suits are not sold as sets, so you can mix and match to make sure that you’ll be the only one rocking your outfit in PCB.

3. Target

Source: Target

It’s likely that you’ve already put a lot of money into Spring Weekend, between the hotel, tickets, etc. so you probably aren’t inclined to spend even more on a bathing suit. If this is the case, Target is always a go to place for cheap, cute suits (even if you aren’t trying to save money, it still has tons of finds that you’ll probably love).  It can be overwhelming to look through racks and racks of pieces in the store, so you can either drink some coffee and go in with your game-face on, or you can search the website, where the suits are divided by tops and bottoms, and by style. (PSA: their online site currently has buy one, get one half off women’s clothing, so get it while it’s hot!)

In regards to accessories, you can never wrong with Flash Tattoos. Put a few on the night before you leave and you won’t have to worry about it the rest of the weekend. If you’re wearing a simple two-piece bikini that isn’t too flashy, you can opt to wear a trendy statement necklace that doesn’t override your suit. Or pack on the rings! Pile up lots of dainty rings, or wear a few big ones. You can also dress up your simple bathing suit by wearing a body chain or a flower crown.

No matter what you do, remember to have fun and be safe!

Megan is a freshman at Florida State University studying Retail Merchandising. She is originally from Miami, FL, but dreams of living in New York. In her spare time she enjoys writing, blogging, watching Grey's Anatomy reruns, and all things fashion. Twitter: meganmaguire_ Instagram: meggmaguiree
Her Campus at Florida State University.