Spooky Season? More like Cringey Season: College Women Share their Best Halloween Stories

Halloween, at any stage of life, is always eventful. At a young age, Halloween is exciting, it is full of treats, pumpkins and silly costumes. Somewhere in between those innocent child ages and now, it transitions into much more – a holiday for tricks, spooks, and mischief. Whether you preferred it then or enjoy the thrill of it now, we all have funny or spooky stories to tell. So, we asked college women to share their best Halloween stories and here’s what they said: 

“When I was in middle school, my first crush ever invited me to his Halloween party and to trick or treat with him. Somehow instead of picking a cute costume like an angel or princess, I dressed up as a bag of Publix groceries. Good thinking middle school me! That’s definitely a great costume to make your crush think you’re pretty.” @emily_tomczak

“When I was like 8 I dressed up as Hannah Montana (which was iconic btw) and went to my neighborhood’s pool party for Halloween. Some boys were throwing around a football and they accidentally hit me in the head, causing my beautiful blonde, banged wig to FLY off. I then ran home in tears while my friend (who was obviously dressed up as Lola Luftnagle) came running after me carrying our Libby Lou purses and fake microphones.” @lauren.kelli

“I was at this small Halloween party one of my best friends was throwing and this guy I really liked at the time showed up, and we started PLANNING how we were going to sneak off so we could kiss – and after a while we ended up in the bathroom upstairs but ALL THE LIGHTS WERE OFF and we sat there locked in the bathroom talking in the darkness and then he asked to kiss me and I was like “ok” and he MISSED my mouth because it was so dark and he went for my nose and I pulled away so fast – and to this day I don’t think he knows he didn’t kiss me because seconds later my best friend busts the door open turning ALL the lights on, looks at us for a minute, then shuts the door without saying a word. So, I’m sitting there – Minnie Mouse ears and all – like ‘uhh maybe we should head back downstairs.’” – Anonymous

“I always homemade my own costumes as a kid and no one ever knew what I was.” @brennanzatechka

“When I was in eighth grade my older sister invited me to go with her and some of her friends to HHN. For some reason, I was very naive and went. Both my sister and I panicked at a restaurant not even 200 feet into Universal. We considered leaving, but after a compelling pep talk decided to push on. Immediately after my confidence grew, a zombie without a jaw decided I was her new target. This mouthless zombie groaned her way over into my personal space. I swear there was less than an inch between our faces. My only logical response to this was either fight or flight and you can’t touch or harm the actors in any way, so I went with the latter. I ended up collapsing into the fetal position in the middle of the park without hesitation. I proceed to inform the jawless zombie actor from my crouched position that I was not going to stand up until they slithered far away. I am not proud of my choice per-say, but I felt better at the time, so it was 100% worth it.” @cassidyluosey

Have a happy and safe Halloween, boos!

All Gifs courtesy of Giphy.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Hannah is a senior at Florida State University. She loves the sunshine and practically survives off iced coffee. She spends her days writing, working out and walking her dog, majority of the time with T-swift on full blast!
Her Campus at Florida State University.