mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Six Obscure Holidays You Should Celebrate This Summer

Summertime calls for many reasons to celebrate. Whether you’re celebrating graduation, a new job, finishing classes, or just the fact that the sun’s out, we’re always looking for an excuse to raise our glass to something. Here are six obscure summer holidays that just give us more of a reason to celebrate!

1. June 13: Friday the Thirteenth

Grab your closest friends and pick the scariest movie Red Box has to offer! Friday the 13th calls for all kinds of frightening affairs to be had. But if you see any hockey masks laying around, I’d be careful…

2. June 18: National Splurge Day

Everyone is always looking for a reason to splurge on bathing suits, sun dresses, and froyo. June 18th is the day you can celebrate this obscure holiday by doing so! So start searching your couches for loose change — you’re going to want it on this day.

3. June 23: National Pink Day

Wednesday isn’t the only day we wear pink. National Pink Day falls on a Monday this year, and is the perfect excuse to channel your inner plastic.

4. July 1: Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day

With Tallahassee’s oven-like warmth, ice cream is always on the mind as a way to cool off. On July 1st, spice up your ice cream choice by choosing a more creative flavor than just your average chocolate and vanilla.

5. August 3: Friendship Day

Grab your girlfriends, a bottle of Moscato, and a chick-flick, because it’s friendship day on August 3rd! It’s the perfect way to end summer and get ready for the coming school year.

6. August 10: Lazy Day & National S’mores Day

I could not think of any two holidays that could line up as perfectly as these two on August 10th. Don’t even bother changing out of your PJ’s. Grab your laptop, turn on Netflix, and enjoy a s’more. No one can get on your case or judge you, because you’re just celebrating this obscure holiday.

Junior at Florida State University. Double majoring in Media Production and Editing, Writing, and Media.
Her Campus at Florida State University.