Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Single, Taken, or It’s Complicated: Valentine’s Day Spotify Playlists To Celebrate Valentine’s Day Right

It’s safe to say there are mixed feelings around Valentine’s Day and by that I mean you love it or truly and fully hate it. I’ve spent many a V-Day with friends, partners, and alone and it seems as though I vary between love and hate of the holiday. This year, I promised myself I would devise a full-proof idea that could relinquish any type of emotion that this godforsaken day brings and it came to me. I’ll make four playlists that will absolutely deliver comfort and all the blissful support necessary on Valentine’s Day. So, without further ado, here are my four, perfected Spotify Playlists that are ready for whatever comes your way this year.

BE MINE

Be Mine banner for valentine's day
Pexels / Meli Di Rocco
If you are really in your bag this year, here is the playlist for you. This playlist really captures the essence of being a full-blown hopeless romantic. I wanted to make a playlist that was rooting for the ones that are crushing. Love playlists seem to always assume that you have somebody to call yours already, but this year we are celebrating the beautiful disaster that is unrequited love. The featured song on this playlist is “So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings” by Caroline Polachek. Get ready to wallow in your deepest desires.

I’M YOURS

couple kissing in the street with heart balloons in the background
Pexels / freestocks.org
Oh to be young and in love in Tallahassee. Now, I am not personally well-versed in this area, I wanted to create a playlist that celebrates the beautiful things that come from a partnership. You are absolutely winning this Valentine’s Day and you should definitely relish in that. The featured song on this playlist is “Me & You Together Song” by The 1975. Valentine’s Day is a day literally made for you and your S.O, so share this with your person to really express your true affection.

F**K LUV

broken heart on a string with black background
Kelly Sikkema
Listen, we have all been there and I am no stranger to this hatred for all things mushy and love-related. Valentine’s Day is definitely a sore spot if you’re going through it, but this playlist was made to give you a big metaphorical hug. Not to mention, it validates those feelings of anger and sadness to create an incredibly cathartic experience. Sometimes you just have to cry or punch the air to fully experience your emotions. Let it out, babe! The featured song on this playlist is “Y U Gotta B Like That” by Audrey Mika. Do whatever you need to do this year to practice mindfulness and accept your feelings.

SELF LUV

person doing heart hand sign
Pixabay via Pexels
Lastly, but most importantly, all of us need to recognize and find self-love this Valentine’s Day. I know from personal experience, it is so easy to get lost and stuck in our relationships (platonic or not) and we forget to take care of and celebrate ourselves. However, you want to treat yourself, do it because you always come first. The featured song on this playlist is “Hot” by POWERS. Love or hate Valentine’s Day, we can all show a little love this year.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Isabella graduated in April 2021 from Florida State University, majoring in English (Editing, Writing, and Media). She is pursuing a career in digital advertising and public relations in the entertainment industry. When off duty, she can be found hanging with her two kitties, crafting her 1000th Spotify playlist, or sporting the town in search of the next great foodie spot. Check out her latest articles below!