Simple and Delicious Valentine’s Day Dessert: Strawberry White Chocolate Truffles

Whether you’re in need of a low-cost Valentine’s Day gift for your significant other, throwing a party with friends or you just have a serious sugar craving, these strawberry white chocolate truffles are the perfect fix. With just three ingredients you have a fast and easy dessert that even the most baking-challenged can create!

Courtesy: Courtney Merolle

Ingredients:

8 strawberry Pop-Tarts (frosted)

8 ounces of strawberry cream cheese at room temperature

White chocolate

(This recipe should give you approximately 24 small to medium truffles.)

Recipe:

Starting with the Pop-Tarts, crumble them until fine. This can be done with a food processor, smoothie mixer or even the old school (and broke college kid) method: whip out a rolling pin and crumble by hand in a Ziploc bag (Bonus: It’s a great way to release pent up stress or anger). The end result should be a powdery consistency. 

With a mixing bowl and spoon, combine the Pop-Tarts powder with strawberry cream cheese until a dough-like substance forms.

Roll into individual balls and refrigerate until firm (about one hour).

Next, in the microwave, melt the white chocolate (make sure to use a microwave safe bowl) in 30-second increments, stirring occasionally.

Then it’s time to get creative! Dip the truffles into the chocolate using a fork, or drizzle it on for a more subtle effect. Add sprinkles or even try using dark chocolate – whatever suits your appetite!

Finally, refrigerate until you’re ready to eat!

Note: This recipe isn’t strict so really the combinations are infinite! Swap in any kind of Pop-Tarts and cream cheese flavor to create a whole new dessert!

Courtney is a sophmore at Florida State University and is currently studying Retail Merchandising and Product Development. She enjoys good books, has a slight obsession with dogs, and will be most likely found with coffee or tea in hand as she runs from class to class.
Her Campus at Florida State University.