She’s Doing It “All For Us”: Zendaya’s Iconic Coachella Performance

If you are a Zendaya stan, a Coachella goer, or simply a social media user, you have probably heard about Zendaya’s Coachella performance this past weekend. The American actress and singer made a surprise guest appearance during Labrinth’s set last Saturday and the Internet simply imploded.

Labrinth is a British singer-songwriter and producer who created the soundtrack for the hit HBO series, Euphoria. The TV show was Labrinth’s television debut as he teamed up with Sam Levinson for the past two seasons of the series. Since his work on Euphoria, Labrinth’s music discography has completely blown up and he had a huge audience at both of his Coachella sets. On weekend one he brought out Billie Eilish and the two performed their track, “Never Felt So Alone.”

On weekend two, Lab had to up the ante with a major surprise up his sleeve by bringing out his co-star Zendaya. The 26-year-old Emmy award winner has released music in the past during her Disney days but has not released any music, let alone perform, in years. Her seven-year performance hiatus came to an end last weekend which was a total shock to the entire audience and Zendaya fans across the Internet. She began singing off stage but the second the audience saw her the crowd went wild. Z came out dressed in a Roberto Cavalli 2004 pink mini dress layered over a white tank paired with thigh-high black boots. She entered to the song, “I’m Tired,” a track from Euphoria that she is featured on as fans panicked to unlock their phones and capture the iconic moment. The duo continued to sing songs from the HBO series and followed up with “All For Us.”

The reaction to Zendaya’s surprise appearance was so intense that neither Lab nor Z were able to be heard during the Coachella live stream. The fans’ screams were so loud that the audio is completely muffled. Z even took to her Instagram after the performance and posted a story expressing her overwhelming appreciation for the experience, “I cannot express my gratitude enough for this magical night. Thank you to my brother @labrinth for inviting me and giving me the most beautiful safe space to be on a stage again,” she began. “And to the crowd tonight…wow…my heart is so full, I can’t thank you enough for the love I received tonight, made all my nerves melt away.” She then went on to post another story saying, “As soon as I turned the corner, I couldn’t hear anything. I couldn’t hear anything but you guys.”

Zendaya’s return to the stage completely stole the show this past weekend and fans are all wondering the same thing: what does this mean for the future of her music career? Her supporters have consistently questioned her throughout the past years about when (if ever) she will begin releasing music again. With her musical features on Euphoria and now her Coachella performance, fans are excited to see what is next for the star. With the third season of the HBO series being confirmed, all eyes are on Zendaya and Labrinth to see what surprise they’ll drop on us next.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hey! I'm Isly and I am a freshman majoring in English (Editing, Writing, & Media) at Florida State University. Some of my interests include searching for new music, analyzing films, planning out my outfits, or fantasizing about my dream life.