Seven Things to Do in Tallahassee Before You Graduate

1. The Madison Social Challenge

Every month, Madison Social picks seven drinks you have to buy and finish to complete the challenge. Every time you get a drink, you get your card stamped. When all seven are stamped, you get a dope t-shirt! Going with a group and seeing who can finish the challenge first is always fun. Once you hit the point of no return, I recommend getting a side of fries. Ask for them crispy, you won’t regret it.

2. Go to the Circus

There are only two collegiate circuses in the United States and FSU’s Flying High Circus is one of them! Go see some talented students fly on the trapeze, juggle and do crazy dance routines. There is a themed showcase in the fall and spring semesters, plus tickets are inexpensive. Enjoy the show with some popcorn and cotton candy. You will be amazed at what your fellow students can do.   

Courtesy: Local Wiki

3. Go to First Friday at Railroad Square

The artsy shops, galleries and studios stay open late the first Friday of every month at Railroad Square Art Park. Stroll down the street and enjoy live music, drum circles, food vendors, craft beer, education booths and creative demonstrations. You might meet some fun, funky people, too.

4. Have a Picnic at Lafayette Heritage Trail

If you are an outdoorsy person, you need to check out Lafayette Heritage Trail. You can hike various trails, bike ride, go fishing or just sit by the lake. You will feel relaxed and rejuvenated after experiencing this beautiful place. Make sure the weather is nice. If you’re lucky, you might get to see a train go by, since the railroad runs right through the park. Watch out for snakes, though. Also, bringing a sandwich and some snacks is always a good idea.

Courtesy: Lou Kellenberger Photography

5. Go to the Rez

In the spirit of being outdoors, have a blast at the FSU Reservation! Free for students when you show your FSU ID, the Rez has tons of outdoor activities from rock climbing to kayaking and canoeing, beach volleyball and sailing. The best time of year to go is in the summer, though it’s still nice when it’s warm out this time of year. I’d avoid the water until we reach the warmer months. But jump in if you dare!

6. Get Brunch at Paisley Cafe

This one of a kind restaurant embraces the concept of seven ingredients or less in its food. Simple and delicious, their brunch is a MUST try. They have daily specials and insanely good pressed sandwiches. It’s not cheap, but the food is quality and extremely worth it. Get some insanely delicious homemade cakes and pastries to go on your way out.

7. Stay for a Whole Football Game

Even if you are not a football fan, watching a game from start to finish in the stadium is an experience you won’t want to miss out on. Sitting in the student section is always a blast because you won’t be able to find that amount of raw energy and school spirit anywhere else. The Marching Chiefs and the cheerleaders put on a great show. Win or lose, the school always comes together in the end. Go, ‘Noles!

Courtesy: sportsvideo.org

Her Campus at Florida State University.