Seven Songs That Need to Grace Your iPod This Fall

Do you find yourself consistently confused about what music to listen to? Does your mood often change and you find that you have no diversity to your iTunes playlist? Well collegiettes, I’m here to help you solve all of your music genre problems. I’ve tracked down the top 7 songs of this fall, ranging from every type of genre to fit your consistently changing mood.

1.       “Hold on, We’re Going Home” by Drake ft. Majid Jordan

This love song by Drake is a personal favorite. It’s calming, which is useful when you’re studying hard or intensely focusing on an activity. “Hold on, We’re Going Home” graces radio stations daily, and it’s easy to see why. Drake’s song is a couple favorite.

2.       “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus

Take it from me, “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus is the best to listen to when you’ve had a rough day, week or month. Does the boy who broke your heart still cross your mind? Miley answered all of our prayers and gave us “Wrecking Ball,” which helps us to remember that heartbreak is average for all females and gives us a song to grieve with.

3.       “Power Trip” by J Cole

“Power Trip” by J Cole is also another slow, calming song which I personally love to study or fall asleep to. It’s a somber song, but is totally fun to belt out at the top of your lungs. I love this song because you can interpret it as a love song or just a regular song to enjoy.

4.       “Roar” by Katy Perry

“Roar” by Katy Perry is very helpful to listen to when you’re ready to take over the world. Are you feeling empowered, like you’re invincible? Listen to “Roar” and you can accomplish anything, especially that pile of homework that has started to add up.

5.       “Wake Me Up” by Avicii

Are you in a happy-go-lucky mood? “Wake Me Up” by Avicii is your go-to jam! “Wake Me Up” has an upbeat tempo that makes you want to jump up and down and sing at the top of your lungs. It’s perfect to listen to when you’re ready for an evening out on the town with your friends, or if you’re just dancing around your room.

6.       “Timber” by Ke$ha ft. Pitbull

This is song is totally fun and will have you dancing wherever you are. As soon as it comes on to the radio, you can’t help but move and jump to this upbeat, fun and exciting tempo. Ke$ha and Pitbull’s collaboration is truly one of a kind and is definitely a personal favorite.

7.       “Never Getting Back Together” by Taylor Swift

This is kind of an oldie, but it’s still gracing the top ten billboards now. This is the anthem for any girl who is sick and tired of a boy who’s been breaking her heart. If you’re going through a bad break up and constantly find yourself in a sadness slump, plug in your headphones and blast this song. I guarantee you that you will find yourself happier in no time at all!

Maria Losada is a senior at Florida State University pursuing a double major in International Affairs and Editing, Writing and Media. She is driven by her passion for writing and seeks to inspire others through it.  She loves learning about different cultures, languages, and especially enjoys tasting international cuisines!  On her down time you can catch her dancing salsa, reading articles from Her Campus FSU, or daydreaming about her next travel destination. She hopes to live in Washington D.C.  and work for an international development agency."Little by little, one travels far."