September’s Biggest Release, the iPhone 6

Oh, fall. What a great time of year. There are comfy sweaters, cute boots, pumpkin spice lattes, and my personal favorite, the annual Apple iPhone release. If you’re anything like me, fall is not complete without knowing what this year’s big Apple product will be!

Here’s a look into what to expect for this year’s iPhone 6 (and 6 Plus!)

The first new feature is an obvious one. The look of the iPhone 6 is sleeker, wider and much thinner! It’s not that we don’t love the 5 and 5s size, but Apple definitely knew it was time for a makeover! Creating a design that allows for higher resolution (meaning better Doak Campbell Stadium snapshots!) and larger screen viewing makes this phone Apple’s most revolutionary design. For those who have always wanted a larger screen, Apple has granted that wish with an option for a 5.5 inch screen.

More than just design, Apple has taken a great look into the camera features of the new iPhone 6. iSight camera now includes a feature called Focus Pixels that are designed to create higher quality images than ever before. Features of the iSight camera application now add slo-mo and time-lapse to the lineup. The application also allows for more in-app editing of your photos, so there’s no need for the 8 thousand photo editing apps we all have on our phones.

If you have ever been annoyed at your friends for always seeming to be able to unlock your phone, worry no more. Apple has created an updated security feature called Touch ID that allows users to unlock their phones more securely with their fingerprints! Of course, Apple had created a similar feature for the iPhone 5s, but this version will be an onscreen feature to make it more clear and efficient.

My personal favorite new feature to look forward to is Apple Pay. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked all way down to the Strip only to realize that I forgot my money at home. Now there is no need to have your friends spot you or, dare I say, flirt with the guy at the door. This revolutionary application will take away the need to carry around those bulky wallets, because now your wallet is at the touch of your fingertips, literally. This fingerprint-activated wallet ensures that not only is your information confidential, but as safe as it gets. We all know how much of hassle it can be to cancel all of your cards when you lose your wallet, but Apple Pay solves that problem from the source.

On top of all of these already great features, Apple will be unloading a new operating system that can be used on any iPhone! This will include better camera features, a detailed health app (that even counts your steps on stairs!) and the option to now leave group chats!

You’ll definitely want to pick up this darling in Seminole gold this holiday season!

Her Campus at Florida State University.