Seek the Heights with Alpha Chi Omega

If you’re looking for some adventure this weekend, then check out Alpha Chi Omega’s annual rock-climbing competition “Seek the Heights with Alpha Chi.” The competition is a philanthropy event and all proceeds go to the local Tallahassee Refuge House as well as the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation in support of domestic violence awareness. The Refuge House is a shelter for both women and children that have been victims of domestic violence. The shelter provides counseling for the women and children while helping them start a new life free from abuse (all while under a witness protection-like program to keep them safe). You can find out more information about the Refuge House by clicking here!

Courtesy: Alpha Chi Omega

This is Alpha Chi Omega’s third year hosting the event. The event will be held this Saturday, March 19 from 1-5 p.m. at Heritage Grove. The price to compete is $60 for a team of 5 meaning it’s only $12 a person to participate in the rock climbing competition and to support spreading awareness of domestic violence. Check out the video below of last year’s event below!

Courtesy: YouTube

“Seek the Heights is important to our sisters for several reasons. Named after our open motto, the event symbolizes our sisters’ dedication to supporting each other in achieving our dreams. Even more importantly, this is our defining philanthropy event for the semester; supporting Domestic Violence Awareness,” said Alpha Chi Omega President Lauren Flannery. “Our specific beneficiary is the Tallahassee Refuge House with whom we have an exceptional connection. We love seeing where our efforts go to help so many women in our community. We hope to educate our fellow students on the importance of our cause and how it can affect our campus.”

Trinity is a sophomore studying psychology, sociology, and religion. She is involved in HCFSU as well as Service Scholars, PeaceJam Southeast, and With Words FSU.
Her Campus at Florida State University.