Disclaimer: Her Campus FSU is not responsible for the trauma you may cause someone as the result of your costume. This article does not reflect the views of Her Campus FSU. Happy Halloween.

Halloween is creeping up on us and landing on Monday. But the week before Halloween here in Tallahassee is known as Talloween, a week filled with costume parties that students get to partake in. We want to keep you trendy, and of course scary, so we have complied the scariest Halloween costumes of 2016. Beware – the images detailed below are truly frightening. Decisions to use these costumes this year may result in your friends backing away slowly and running in the other direction. Continue reading at your own risk.

The Purge Mask

Courtesy: Screen Rant

A combination of blood and a distorted mask is a sure way to leave your friends on edge once you enter the room. In the film “The Purge 3,” citizens are allowed to commit crimes for 12 hours without the fear of facing any consequences. Many of the characters use the event to commit murder and torture. What is scarier than an average person with no remorse for killing? There are a variety of masks and costume ideas throughout the entirety of the film. Suggestion: play these roles with caution because you will not be receiving a “get out of jail free” card if you decide to bring the Purge into real life.

Donald Trump “Groper” Costumer (Or Anything Relating to Donald Trump)

Courtesy: Twitter Account Getty Images VIP

This snap shot shows journalist Jemima Goldsmith showcasing her costume as Melania Trump. The key component is the groping Donald Trump. This realistic element of the costume can be purchased on eBay ladies and gents. The costume depicts Mr. Trump in the act of inappropriately grabbing the body when worn correctly. This costume is lightweight and easy to wear. The effect is truly haunting.

Question, what’s scarier? The fact that a presidential candidate is currently facing multiple allegations of sexual assault –or— the fact that a presidential candidate is still in the running who commonly uses scare tactics when attempting to prove a point, mocks and shuns people based on gender, race and religious background and is comfortable with launching nuclear weapons? Either way, dressing as Mr. Trump is guaranteed to freak out people at a party.

The Dreaded Killer Clown

Courtesy: DMPrankProductions

Last, but certainly not the least scary, is the wide array of clown costumes you could throw on this Halloween season. The Killer Clown Sightings of 2016 are 115% truly frightening. If people were victims of clown phobia before the effects of this prank, then perhaps this might be all together too paralyzing. This costume idea is potentially over the top and maybe even slightly dangerous, but 10/10 you will make someone cry at the party. (That might be a party foul though?) Take a pro-tip to avoid being arrested: don’t wear this costume walking to or leaving the party and stay away from children.

Be safe, be scary and have fun this Talloween, Collegiettes!

Tabitha is the type to spend two hours deciding what she wants for dinner but two seconds on deciding to hug a stranger. She believes in good people and good energy. Currently trying to make sense of the world and writing helps her accomplish that. She is a Creative Writing and Public Relations major with a minor in French at FSU.  She was made for adventures. She is determined to travel all over this planet-- making memories, making friends, and making meaning. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.