Source: www.theramblingcrab.com

It’s that time of year again. The time when you quietly hold your breath in anticipation of finding out whether your favorite fall TV shows have been renewed or – the dreaded word – cancelled. While fall 2014 certainly brought us hours of laughter, tears and lazy Sundays indulging in guilty pleasures (I’m talking to all of the “Bachelorette” fans), it also saw the end of some new fall favorites. Take a look at the list below to see if your favorite show got the axe, or whether it will be back to help you procrastinate once again.

Source: www.fox.com

Red Band Society (FOX)

This show was centered on a pediatric ward in California, where unlikely relationships formed between the sick patients and the adult doctors who mentored them in health care and life lessons. Despite being featured on a primetime FOX slot, “Red Band Society” just didn’t get the ratings it needed to be renewed for a second season. While plans were in motion to bring the show back during summer, taking a new approach by focusing on the doctors and their relationships, FOX ultimately decided to cancel the show. Don’t fret, though! You can catch the last few episodes on www.hulu.com and www.fox.com.

Source: www.abc.com

Selfie (ABC)

This newcomer focused on a self-obsessed woman who tried to get famous through the use of social media platforms by continuously posting ‘selfies’ of her everyday life. Eventually realizing that ‘friending’ people on social media is not a substitute for real life friendship, she befriends a marketing image guru to help her with her obsession. While “Selfie” had the potential to have a loyal following – who doesn’t love a quirky female lead with a killer wardrobe and a social media obsession? – it just didn’t get the ratings it needed and was unfortunately not renewed for a second season. Feel free to watch the remaining episodes on www.hulu.com and www.abc.com and make sure to catch the series finale!

Source: www.nbc.com

Bad Judge (NBC)

In all honesty, who doesn’t love a comedy centered on the legal system? So many shows highlight the serious aspects of lawyers and court cases, but “Bad Judge” had the right mix of an amazing female lead (you may remember Kate Walsh as Addison Montgomery on “Grey’s Anatomy”!) and sassy puns. Despite the fact that Walsh could kill it on the drum kit and in a court trial, “Bad Judge” just didn’t get the laughs it needed to avoid the axe. Looks like “Bad Judge” was definitely proven guilty of low ratings!

Source: www.abc.com

Manhattan Love Story (ABC)

This is perhaps the show that I was most upset about being canceled. “Manhattan Love Story” had the potential to be a great show with lots of followers! The romantic comedy featured Analeigh Tipton (“America’s Next Top Model”, represent!) and Jake McDorman as a new couple who share the thoughts and questions on their minds through the beginnings of a relationship. While it provided a fresh perspective on a love story, the show just couldn’t make it work and had to break up with ABC. Once again, the remaining unaired episodes are featured on www.hulu.com and www.abc.com

Hollie Morey is a creative writing enthusiast, when she is not studying for her double major in communications and political science! In her free time, Hollie loves to curl up with a great novel or the latest edition of Glamour, as well as catch up on her favorite shows: Pretty Little Liars and Mad Men! Hollie has a particular interest in writing about fashion and local current events and can be found looking on Her Campus for great style tips or for ideas for things to do in Tallahassee!
Her Campus at Florida State University.