Style

Sandler Fleurima: CEO of Styled by Hennessy

Her Campus (HC): Introduce yourself. 

Sandler Fleurima (SF): Greetings, I am Sandler Fleurima, a third-year broadcast journalism scholar from Orlando, FL and I am the founder and CEO of Sandler Fleurima Styled by Hennessy.

HC: When and how did you begin Styled by Hennessy?

SF: I started styling during my freshman year of college while experiencing depression. Fashion became my peace. I have always had an eye for fashion. Throughout the years I have been able to use fashion as an outlet to distract me from hardships. It has allowed me to express myself and develop my creativity, which drove me to become a stylist. I have been a wardrobe stylist for over two years now, allowing me to also create looks for others.

HC: Would you say that being a stylist is easy?

SF: No, being a stylist is not as easy as it seems. I not only pick out the clothes, but I decide the hairstyle, makeup look and anything else that involves execution of the vision/concept correctly, making sure that I am making my client’s happy.

HC: How did you come up with the name for your business?

SF: When it comes down to the name Styled by Hennessy, Hennessy was always a cute and fun name I called myself, after a while I wondered, “why not brand it, since people actually started calling me Hennessy?

HC: How do clients book Styled by Hennessy and deliver their vision to you?

SF: Most people direct message me on Instagram and I direct them to my business page, Styled by Hennessy. From there they go through the booking process, which involves filling out a layout, answering a series of questions that allow them to communicate their vision.

HC: Have you ever had to turn down a vision?

SF: I have not turned down a vision and I do not plan on doing so.

HC: What are some things that you constantly remind yourself of as a business owner when it comes to customer service?

SF: I always give a service that I would want in return. I have had many experiences with other business owners not meeting expectations and I do not want to be in that category, so I always make sure to provide a service to remember. Ultimately, by doing this, people share their experiences with friends which results in more business.

HC: How has being in college impacted your business?

SF: I started my business in college and because of who I was on campus, it actually gave my business a boost. It allowed me to network and promote my business, especially as a broadcast journalism student. I am in many roles that require networking and I use those opportunities to promote my work. Many of my clients are undergrad and graduate students. I know that if I did not attend college and I was starting my business back home, it would not have been as successful as it is today.

HC: How has COVID-19 impacted your business? 

SF: COVID actually gave me more clientele. Many students who were impacted by this unfortunate pandemic actually turned to a stylist like me to guide them and ease the burden of putting together photoshoot concepts for things like graduation.

HC: Our last question, what advice would you give to someone looking to start their own business?

SF: The advice that I would give to someone looking to start their own business would be to just start. I have always wanted to be a stylist and did not begin until I was presented the opportunity, like I mentioned before during my freshman year styling the 112th Miss Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. She was the person to encourage me to start my styling business. So, I would say to just go for it. Don’t expect your business to be up and running when your first start. You will have bad days where you don’t see results but keep going and do not stop. My favorite quote to date is:

“Never allow small minds to convince you that your dreams are too big, continue to dream big and there is no limit to how you can dream.”

Interviewing Sandler Fleurima, the founder and CEO of Styled by Hennessy was a pleasure and I hope you enjoyed reading through our article. 

Check out his business page for more updates Styled by Hennessy

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTok and Pinterest!

I am excited to escape the perception of what it means to be ordinary in order to be creative and innovative!
Her Campus at Florida State University.