Sammy Green: GPhiB Crescent Man

Major: Finance and Accounting

Year: Junior       

Hometown: Davie (West of Ft. Lauderdale), Florida

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): What is your FSU involvement?

Sammy Green (SG): At FSU I am involved in the Chi Phi fraternity I have had many exec positions, right now I am finishing up rush chair for Spring. I am also the kitchen boy and Crescent Man for the Gamma Phi Beta sorority, and I am also a Moral Captain for Dance Marathon which is just awesome.

HC: Did you know you wanted to be involved with all of this when you came to FSU?

SG: When I came to FSU I wanted to get involved, but I never thought these would be the things I would be doing, I never thought I’d be involved in the fraternity, I never thought I’d be working in a sorority house, and also being involved in such a big philanthropy.

HC: What made you want to run for Gamma Phi Beta Crescent Man?

SG: I was lucky to get my job there, and after working there for a semester everyone was like “you should do it,” “you’re friends with everyone,” and “you know everyone here and get along with all of us so well.”

HC: What made you want to rush a Fraternity? Coming into college was that something you knew you wanted to do?

SG: My brother goes to the University of Florida and is in a fraternity there and I have other cousins that do it. I had a general idea of what was going on and I definitely knew I wanted to be part of a Greek organization.

HC: What’s your five year plan?

SG: My dream in five years is to work in New York City, with a Master’s in Finance.

HC: What is something on your bucket list you want to accomplish?

SG: I’ve always wanted to go to Tomorrowland.

HC: What’s your favorite place to go out, nightlife-wise in Tally?

SG: Cantina because it’s always a great time.

HC: What’s your favorite drink when you go out?

SG: I love Vodka tonic with lime juice, gotta have the lime juice haha.

HC: Blondes or brunettes?

SG: Oh that’s a tough one, but I’m going to have to say brunettes.

HC: What is the first thing you notice about a girl?

SG: Her smile.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

SG: Jennifer Aniston.

HC: Do you have a go-to outfit when going out on a date?

SG: My nice pair of chinos, and if it’s cold a nice Polo pullover, and a nice button down underneath it.

HC: Where is your favorite place to bring a girl out on a date?

SG: I would definitely love to take a girl to Moda. I love Italian food and it’s a nice, classy place.

HC: Do you cook?

SG: Since I have started working in a sorority house I haven’t cooked in about a year, but I definitely can.

HC: Are you Italian? What’s your heritage?

SG: Part Cuban, part Italian, but nobody believes it because I can’t speak Spanish.

HC: One last question I’m sure our readers will want to know, are you currently looking for someone?

SG: I’m always open to finding love, I know it can happen when you least expect it and that’s something I’m ready for.

Mia Lepp is currently beginning her third year at Florida State University as a double major in Marketing and Media Communication Studies. She is a writer and has a passion for traveling the world. When she's not writing about the latest going on at FSU she is a part time yogi, and trying to find inner peace at her favorite hot yoga class.
Her Campus at Florida State University.