Revive Your Body at Thrive Hydration Clinic

Tallahassee is home to some of the most unique locally-owned businesses in Florida. Recently joining this particular group of businesses is Thrive Hydration Clinic, an IV therapy treatment center. Medically speaking, IV therapy is the infusion of a variety of liquid substances directly into a vein. Thrive Hydration Clinic has managed to perfect this art of IV therapy, all while ensuring their customers are in a relaxing and comfortable environment.

Upon walking in, customers are warmly greeted by the knowledgeable Thrive Hydration staff, who are more than willing to answer any and every question you might have—just tell a staff member why you’re not feeling one hundred percent and the perfect nutrients to add to your IV treatment will be selected. Once given a short medical examination to ensure that IV therapy is right for you, you are given the option of sitting in a private lounge built for two, or a larger lounge big enough for the whole gang. Each lounge is equipped with flat-screen televisions, accessible outlets for phone and computer charging, as well as free Wi-Fi. Blankets are also provided in case you want to get cozy and cuddle up in the lounge chair—or if you simply want to take a nap.

Being both the capital of Florida and a city with several large colleges, the vast majority of Tallahassee’s population doesn’t tend to exceed 40 years of age. That being said, it can be accurately assumed that once the work and school days are over, Tallahassee’s bars get crowded; and when Tallahassee’s bars get crowded, that can only mean one thing for the next morning: hundreds of hungover people. Yes, I am talking to you and your poor decision to get drunk on a Tuesday night. But don’t worry, Thrive Hydration Clinic has got you covered – just stop in before work or class and walk out feeling more than ready to take on the day.

Although it is true in saying Thrive Hydration Clinic is very attractive to the hungover 20-year-old late for his 9 a.m. Calculus exam, Thrive caters to so many more ailments. Whilst sitting down with President Tyler Riddle, I learned that clients can get treated for migraines, dehydration, exhaustion, pregnancy morning sickness, the common cold or flu, athletic overexertion, stomach bugs—the list goes on and on. I was incredibly touched when Riddle told me about a client who comes all the way from Panama City Beach to get treatments. This client has cancer, and regularly goes through chemotherapy. Because chemotherapy is known to have such harsh side effects, this client constantly finds herself dehydrated afterwards – this is where Thrive steps in. The IV therapy refuels her body and helps her feel hydrated again. Thrive Hydration Clinic truly is doing a beautiful thing for all of their clients.

I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to try IV therapy for the first time with Thrive. As someone who is deathly scared of needles, which can only be accredited to donating blood, I was shocked at how painless my therapy truly was. Riddle explained to me that an IV needle goes in much different than a needle for donating blood purposes: during IV therapy, the needle is only inside of you for a second before it is replaced with a small flexible tube, while when donating blood, the needle is inside of you the entire time. As I was still getting over a cold, Riddle suggested that I get an IV treatment with a dose of Vitamin C, so I did just that. The entire therapy session was incredible – I had never felt so relaxed before. Within ten minutes of completing my session, I immediately felt better. Riddle also gave me the opportunity to try Oxygen and a B-12 shot. All were incredible experiences, and I absolutely cannot wait to go back for another IV therapy session.

So gear up for the FSU v. UM rivalry game (Go Noles!) this weekend and stop by Thrive ahead of time at 1525 West Tennessee Street, Tallahassee, FL 32303 to prevent those nasty hangovers. For my procrastinators, Thrive Hydration Clinic will be open Sunday morning at 8 a.m. And for my lazy readers, let Thrive come to you! Just give them a call at (850) 765-3830 to schedule an appointment. Try Thrive once and I ensure you’ll go back again – for this reason, membership options are available. Find me on campus and ask me for a Thrive Hydration Clinic coupon!

Hours: Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m

Saturday – Sunday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Senior at the beautiful Florida State University. Creative writing major, entrepreneurship minor. Health enthusiast. Rap music aficionado. Find me (on my cheat days) at Yogurt Mountain rapping Migos.
Her Campus at Florida State University.