The start of a new year brings along many exciting things for music. From album releases to concert dates and my personal favorite, music festival lineups.

And that’s where Rolling Loud comes in.

I’m not from Florida, so every year when the Rolling loud playlist came out, I would glance over it, but ultimately I knew I couldn’t go, so I wouldn’t get too attached. But this year, now that I’m basically a Floridian, I may just have to go. Rolling Loud takes place the week after finals are over and it’s in Miami, Florida, so it’s like fate, right?

Let’s break down the lineup day-by-day.

Courtesy: Danny Howe

Friday

With big names such as 21 Savage, DaBaby, Megan thee Stallion and Lil Tecca performing, Friday is definitely going to be a good day to go. Am I tired of hearing “Ransom” on the radio? Yes. Would I scream it on the top of my lungs if given the chance? Undoubtedly. It’s a Hot Girl yea, and if I saw Meg rap and twerk it would be nothing short of life-changing. Even though DaBaby was playing right next door to my dorm just a couple months ago, I didn’t go see him, and it’s one of my biggest regrets of the year. As for Friday’s headliner, even if you don’t listen to A$AP Rocky, you could just sit through his set and appreciate his beauty, because that is a beautiful man.

Courtesy: Danny Howe

Saturday

I must admit, Saturday is my least favorite day. It’s still an amazing lineup, but compared to the other two days, it’s just not my cup of tea. I just feel like Saturday is where they threw a lot of one-hit wonders, who would perform their one song that everyone loves, then just awkwardly have to perform the rest of their setlist to a silent crowd. I think I would be okay with never hearing “Thotiana” by Blueface or “Mo Bamba” by Sheck Wes performed live. Of course, there are exceptions to the disappointment that is Saturday’s lineup. Young Thug’s most recent album So Much Fun was amazing and hearing any song off that album would be a definite good time. While I’m not a huge Lil Baby fan, he has definitely put out enough certified bangers that would make his set worthwhile. I definitely don’t purposely listen to Big Sean, but If he’s willing to perform a six-year-old song, I would pay good money to be in the crowd when the start of “I Don’t F*ck With You” comes on. (Seriously, go listen to that part right now. The timestamp is 0:00- 0:17) And to save the best for last, Travis Scott is headlining, which almost single-handedly saved the lineup for Saturday. “HIGHEST IN THE ROOM”, “Sicko Mode” and “goosebumps” are just a few of his songs that would guarantee a happy crowd.

Courtesy: Hanny Naibaho

Sunday

Sunday. This is my favorite day. Like I would consider paying $400 just to go for this day. The artists on this day alone probably account for most of the Billboard Top 100 songs. I have been practicing my Futsal shuffle just for the chance to hear Lil Uzi perform it live, and I don’t care if “XO Tour Llif3” came out three years ago, for those three minutes and three seconds I am entranced. Roddy Rich’s most recent album, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, was good in its entirety, but I am a sucker for “The Box”. When the crowd hears that first EEE-OOO, it’s over. Lil Tjay might be my favorite rapper at the moment, so anything he performed I would be happy with, and the fact that Polo G is also scheduled on Sunday almost guarantees that the two will perform “Pop Out” together. But, the artist I am most excited about is Post Malone. I have watched countless videos of Post performing live and I have never been disappointed. In the past four years he’s dropped three albums, and I have enjoyed every single one. Posty is among the few artists that can get me in my feelings and I am already mentally preparing to cry when “I Fall Apart” comes on.

Overall, there are a lot of similarities between this year’s lineup and last year’s, but I think they did even better this year. Tickets went on sale Jan. 31, so if this lineup excites you the way it excited me, then make sure to buy tickets here.

Whether you decide to go or not, I’m sure you’ll see it on someone’s Snapchat story, so it’s basically like you’re there too.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Elizabeth Pam is a freshman at Florida State University currently studying Actuarial Science with a minor in Economics. When not writing for HerCampus, Elizabeth enjoys posting for Blacksheep and playing volleyball.
Her Campus at Florida State University.