A Recap of Shane Dawson’s ‘The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star’

In case you haven’t heard, two of YouTube’s biggest icons have collaborated once again to create a video that’s sure to top the trending page. Shane Dawson and beauty guru Jeffree Star have finally released part one of their multi-part series entitled “The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star” that has been in the works for over a year. This major project will feature not only a more in-depth look at one of social media’s most controversial influencers but also a step inside Shane Dawson’s new career in the beauty world.

The Intro:

A Shane Dawson series would never be complete without a dramatic compilation in the beginning. This brief overview gives us a sneak peek into what the series as a whole will cover. Topics such as behind-the-scenes of the make-up industry, impacts of cancel culture, breakdowns, victories and more will not only be seen in the first part but throughout the rest of the videos as well. From tears to Twitter moments, the clips featured in the preview pretty much guarantee a drama-filled series, but what else would we expect from a video about the king of drama himself?

Courtesy: shane on YouTube

Quality Shane and Andrew Content:

This is what we’ve been missing the most about Shane’s videos! Of course, this part includes lots of Shane’s jokes and Andrew’s giggles behind the camera, but we also see Shane getting real about his worries while going into the beauty community. He mentions the focus of outward beauty that this industry tends to highlight and fears that he will not physically live up to the beauty standards other gurus have seemed to master. Shane and Andrew also have a conversation about the drama that seems to follow Jeffree at all times. They question whether or not Shane will automatically be involved in this internet beef because of his newfound friendship with the person who seems to be at the center of it all.

Shane’s Plane Anxiety:

Courtesy: shane on YouTube

Shane is traveling with Jeffree for the launch of Jeffree’s new product in Northern California, and since he’s traveling with a billionaire, riding in a private jet is an essential part of the process. While this seems like a normal mode of transportation for Jeffree, Shane is concerned with everything that could go wrong throughout the journey. Shane has a conversation with the pilot as an attempt to calm his nerves about the plane possibly crashing, but this doesn’t seem to go as planned because the pilot was unsure of these possibilities as well. Worries about the fate of the airplane didn’t seem to be the only thing on Shane’s mind as he also was vocal with Jeffree about his fears of getting ridiculed by the beauty community. Jeffree reassured him that the people interested in Shane’s beauty career won’t be there to criticize him, but rather to support him and his new business venture.

Jeffree Star’s Mafia:

When Shane and Andrew break away from the rest of the group after reaching their destination, Andrew asks if Shane has any thoughts about this experience so far since Jeffree isn’t in the room. Shane then begins to break down his theories of Jeffree Star being a Mob leader. He mentions how secretive Jeffree has been throughout the trip and how everyone involved is wearing Jeffree’s brand in some shape or form. He says he finds comfort in having a relationship with someone who holds this much authority, but also fears the amount of power Jeffree seems to hold over his team. Hopefully, we can expect a conspiracy theory video for more on this soon.

The Tea:

While Jeffree is prepping for the launch of his new products, Shane asks him about the recent drama he was involved in with fellow beauty gurus Manny MUA, Gabriel Zamora, Nikita Dragun, and Laura Lee. All of these influencers were once a part of a close-knit friendship that included Jeffree, but all quickly turned against him once Jeffree’s controversial past was exposed in the summer of 2018. Jeffree addresses the reconnection he made with Gabriel Zamora following his apology for the negative comments he made about Jeffree and his past but doesn’t mention any forgiveness towards the others who were also involved.

Courtesy: Giphy

Confirmation of Shane’s Collab with the Beauty Industry:

At Jeffree’s event, he announces the project he and Shane have been working on since the start of this series. Not only does he confirm that Shane will soon be stepping out into the beauty scene, but more specifically, Shane will be releasing an eyeshadow palette in the near future. After this huge announcement, Shane is seen in the Morphe store checking out the other eyeshadow palettes on display and the future competitors of his make-up product.

Courtesy: shane on YouTube

The Goodbyes… for Now:

Even though the first part of the series has come to an end, Shane and Jeffree assure the audience that this is only the beginning for Shane and his experience in this new realm. The video concludes with Shane and Jeffree parting their separate ways after this short trip to Sacramento and Shane saying “See you at the factory,” which leads us to assume that we are getting closer to the production of his new palette. The following parts of this series will definitely give us more of an insight on what’s to come for YouTube’s new power duo and their new project in the beauty world.

Courtesy: shane on YouTube

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!

Christian Pruitt is a Senior at Florida State University, majoring in Digital Media Production. In her free time, Christian enjoys eating blue raspberry snow cones and exploring the town with some friends! She is a lover of all things pop culture and hopes to pursue a career in media one day.
Her Campus at Florida State University.