Style

Recap of NYFW Pop-Ups and Ones You Can Still Attend

New York Fashion Week officially kicks off this week, running from Feb. 8 to the 16. This means that swarms of editors, stylists, photographers, models, influencers, creatives and more important people in the fashion world are getting ready to land in The Big Apple to honor the beginning of the second most important month of the year – besides September – in the fashion industry, February.

But just because you aren’t Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Anna Wintour or photographer Mario Testino, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy NYFW at all; the runways aren’t the only places offering up countless surprises and endless possibilities. Here are the best fashion-focused events that are open to the public this season, from pop-ups to parties. You don’t have to be part of the elite fashion world to enjoy one of the top universal interests: style!

NYFW at 11 Howard

Where: 11 Howard – Little Italy  

When: Feb 7, 11, 12 & 13

Courtesy: Amny

Boutique hotel, 11 Howard, is your to-go destination for all your New York Fashion Week needs, and it will be hosting pop-ups over the next few weeks.

Beginning with its Moon Juice event on Feb. 7 (9am to 5pm), customer received cosmic lattes and complimentary Sex Dust cookies, sprinkled with “beauty,” “brain” or “spirit” varieties.

Then on Feb. 11 (4pm to 8pm) French clothing brand Zadig & Voltaire hosted a street style pop-up with customizable fabrics and merchandise.

As if you hadn’t surpassed your budget yet, on Feb. 12 (5pm to 10pm), customers shopped vintage and designer brands from The Break and do free tastings of cocktails by Illegal Mezcal.

Finally, on Feb. 13 (10am to 3pm) attendees can get detoxified after all those parties with WelleCo, an Australian-based health and wellness brand that offers elixirs to clear out your system. 

Altuzarra

Where: Altuzarra – 956 Madison Avenue

When: Open until March 29  

Courtesy of WWD

In honor of its 10 year anniversary, Altuzarra is opening its first pop-up shop as part of its first retail initiative. This pop-up has a distinctly personal touch with personalized seating, cups of tea, a curated selection of art books and even a play corner where there are handbags to carry and to swing on. Its second floor is meant to be a “commerce-free” space where visitors can connect with designer Joseph Altuzarra’s interests like art, design and culture.

Dream Downtown x Hanky Panky

Where: Dream hotel – W. 16 Street

When: Starting Feb. 8

Courtesy of Observer

This exclusive underwear collection created by a partnership between The Dream and, cult-favorite lingerie brand, Hanky Panky will be sold within its suites throughout the month. You definitely don’t have to be a guest at the hotel to walk in and purchase items from this collaboration. Plus, the hotel is hosting a pop-up in its lobby on Feb. 15 where you can acquire Hanky Panky lingerie and get them personalized for free.

‘Exhibitionism’ Retrospective

Where: Museum at FIT – 227 W 27 Street

When: Open until April 20

Courtesy of Amny

The Museum at FIT has brought together more than 80 ensembles from 44 of its most influential past exhibitions. Over 200 exhibits are being presented to honor its newest showcase “Exhibitionism: 50 Years of the Museum at FIT.” Among their best exhibitions you can find “Yves Saint Laurent + Halston: Fashioning the 70s,” “Givenchy: Thirty Years,” and its most iconic collaboration by Alexander McQueen and Gianni Versace “A Queer History of Fashion: From the Closet to the Catwalk.”

Michael Kors Experimental Pop-Up

Where: Dolby Soho – 477 Broadway 

When: Feb 6, 12-8pm

Courtesy of The Cut

Michael Kors celebrated the launch of its MICHAEL Michael Kors Spring 2019 campaign by hosting a live experience pop-up at the Dolby Soho. This event immersed guests in the videos and music of the MICHAEL campaign shot by David Sims, starring Bella Hadid. Each room was a different experience that made you feel as if you were starring in your own ad campaign, how awesome is that?

SmartGlamour Runway Show

Where: 321 W 44 Street – Suite 202, Studio A 

When: Feb 15

Courtesy of TimeOut

NYC-based company SmartGlamour’s latest campaign is all about self-love. To support this it is hosting a body-positive catwalk including sizes from XXS to 6X. To launch its new collection this catwalk will feature women from different shapes, sizes, ethnicities and genders. Oh and the bonus? Complimentary white wine will be served.

Peruvian and with 18 years old, she is a junior at Florida State University majoring in Communication and minoring in Recreation and Events. She loves everything related to fashion and photography; and after graduation she aspires to put her skills and attitudes to work at a major fashion publication. Follow her on Instagram @valeeriva.
Her Campus at Florida State University.