Reality Steve: you either love him or you hate him. Or, if you’re like me you pretend you hate him when you secretly scroll through his Twitter feed of spoilers almost every night because you can’t be the one not in the loop. For those of you who don’t know who Reality Steve is, he is a sneaky and smart dude named Steve Carbone who gathers information to predict spoilers for your favorite reality tv shows and then, of course, shares them with all of the world. Particularly known for his participation in Bachelor franchise spoilers, Steve knows what he’s doing and how to do it well.

For the past 10 years, Reality Steve has been able to accurately predict the majority of the final roses in ABC’s The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. And how does he do it? He has help. In his interview with Andy Dehnart, Steve shares, “I’ve never called a hotel in my life for this show. I’ve never had to; I probably never will.” Denhart writes, “Instead, he mostly passively receives spoilers—about 95 percent, he estimated, just come to him.” Once you have a reputation like his, I guess it makes sense why his Twitter followers do the work for him.

Courtesy: The Hollywood Reporter

People everywhere recognize Reality Steve as the go-to person for sharing Bachelor information and send him all their evidence. For example, in just the past month, he has shared content from fans including photos of Hannah & Dylan, new information on the stagecoach drama and who the next bachelor is, all before Chris Harrison could share any of it.

Some tips aren’t difficult to analyze, like this video he received of Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay and Bryan Abasolo in Miami on Apr. 25, 2017, months before her hometowns even aired. But with others, he has to piece multiple tips together and compare. Surprisingly, because he is still human, he is occasionally wrong. For example, he once incorrectly predicted Brooks Forester to be Desiree Hartsock’s final rose. And more recently, he has made smaller errors like when he was incorrect about the location of where Colton Underwood would chase Cassie, to which he admitted his mistake:

Courtesy: Twitter (@RealitySteve)

Personally, Reality Steve’s spoilers haven’t ruined the show for me, and because there is always a chance Reality Steve will miss the boat, the show still maintains some level of anticipation. Plus, it’s fun when you read a tip and can focus in on certain contestants and their relationships. Nevertheless, one thing is for sure and that’s that the Bachelor producers do NOT like Reality Steve. In fact, in the past 7 years, Steve’s been sued twice. First, according to Eric Gardner from Hollywood Reporter, for “inducing contestants into breaching their confidentiality pledges.” And a second time for breach of that agreement. He doesn’t seem to care too much about these lawsuits though.

If you have serious FOMO that the rest of the world knows details about the next season of the Bachelor already and you don’t, you can scroll through his latest tips on twitter here. Or you can check out everything in one place at http://realitysteve.com. And for those of you who are not clicking that link, you are way stronger than me and I salute you.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Hannah is a senior at Florida State University. She loves the sunshine and practically survives off iced coffee. She spends her days writing, working out and walking her dog, majority of the time with T-swift on full blast!
Her Campus at Florida State University.