The Real Scoop on The RealReal.com

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

Let’s say you have a very fashionable fairy godmother who grants you one wish to own any piece of designer clothing, accessories, pair of shoes, jewelry or handbag; what would you choose? Admit it, I know you secretly want that Hermès Birkin bag that you saw on the arm of one of “The Real Housewives” (sigh). But wait! Your fashionable fairy godmother really does exist – in the form of a website that is – called The RealReal. Still dreaming about that Birkin bag you want? Brooke Kochman, the South Florida Merchandise Manager for The RealReal, is here to give you the real scoop on The RealReal and tell you how you can in fact get that Birkin bag at up to 90% off. Ladies, grab your credit cards and get comfortable at your computer because this is something you (and your closet) don’t want to miss out on.

KM: So what exactly is The RealReal?

BK: The RealReal is a luxury designer consignment site and a white glove concierge service where consignors receive 60-70% back from the selling price. We offer authenticated, pre-owned, designer brands such as Hermès, Gucci, Christian Louboutin, Cartier, Bottega Veneta, and many more. The best part? All items are sold at up to 90% off retail price.

KM: Up to 90% off? That is amazing! How did you get involved with The RealReal in the first place?

BK: I was a Special Events Director and when I had our twin girls, Julia and Maggie, my friend and I started a company named Mama Mixer. We had events in various boutiques and salons and The RealReal wanted to be in our gift bags. They mentioned they were looking for a South Florida Merchandise Manager and that was it! The rest was history. I absolutely knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I knew this was my dream job so I went for it!

KM: You really do have the perfect job, Brooke! So where do you get the items listed for sale on the website?

BK: The items listed on The RealReal are from consignor’s closets. Some of our clients are even celebrities, such as Ginnifer Goodwin, Rose Byrne, January Jones, and Aimee Garcia.

KM: I can’t believe celebrities are even in on this! Are all the products sold on the website authentic?

BK: Yes, all products sold on TheRealReal.com are authentic. Each item sold goes through an authentication process where a team of luxury experts, headed by the company’s Director of Authentication and Brand Compliance, verifies their authenticity.

KM: Great! Where can I sign up?

BK: You can register for exclusive sales and access to new items for sale with The RealReal. Shop, obsess and consign now by becoming a free member at www.therealreal.com!

KM: Do you enjoy working with The RealReal?

BK: I absolutely love working for The RealReal. We have an absolutely amazing team. I am obsessed with this site! Not only am I the South Florida Merchandise Manager, but I am also a consignor and shopper.

KM: What are some of your favorite items sold on The RealReal?

BK: Everything Chanel, especially the handbags. I am also a fan of Christian Louboutin, Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent, and Stella McCartney. I also love the Rag and Bone jeans sold on our website!

If you haven’t already searched www.therealreal.com for your next purchase, I suggest you do before you miss out of the opportunity of a lifetime! Chanel, anyone? With up to 90% off some of the most coveted and fashionable clothing and accessories, you, too, can live lavishly

Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be! 
My name is Mary Love and I'm a Senior and double major in English and Hotel Management at Florida State University.  I am more commonly found writing fiction pieces, and editing everything I can.  Her Campus is my first venture into published nonfiction and women's magazines.  I think Her Campus is a great resource for women who are both smart and feminine.  If you would like to contact me for an interview or to answer a Zodiac Question as Madame Mary, please email marylove@hercampus.com.