Every month is filled with more and more book releases, and March is no different. Here are some of the month’s buzzworthy releases so far and a few more that are yet to come. In honor of Women’s History Month, all of these titles are from acclaimed female authors.

person reading poetry books next to tea and flowers
Photo by Thought Catalog from Unsplash

Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert

If you love romance and haven’t picked up Hibbert’s books on the Brown sisters, now might be the time to start. The third book in the series, Act Your Age, Even Brown spotlights the youngest of the sisters, Eve Brown, as she begins to work as a chef in the kitchen of a B&B—and does her best not to fall for its handsome, disagreeable owner.

She’s Too Pretty to Burn by Wendy Heard

Heard’s third book, She’s Too Pretty to Burn is a young adult thriller releasing on March 30. It follows two girls as they navigate murders, stalkers and falling in love during a particularly eventful San Diego summer.

Down Comes the Night by Allison Saft

In the early days of the pandemic, many publishers decided to push back release dates, contending with election coverage industry-wide shortages. As a result, Down Comes the Night was moved from its original fall 2020 release to its new March 2 release. The novel is a fantastical gothic tale following Southerland, a dismissed member of the Queen’s Guard forced to watch over a reclusive lord in an icy, crumbling mansion. Soon, she discovers sinister forces at play and must rely on unlikely allies to survive the horrors within the house.

Firekeeper’s Daughter by Angeline Boulley

Boulley’s debut follows a Native teen pursuing a criminal investigation to expose the corruption in her community. When 18-year-old Daunis Fontaine notices something nefarious is going on beneath the surface of her high school hockey team and someone turns up dead, she sets out to find the truth about the evil lurking in her community. Firekeeper’s Daughter is set to release on March 16.

The Girls are All So Nice Here by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn

When a college reunion brings two estranged friends back together, they sense that someone is trying to enact revenge for what happened years ago. This psychological thriller follows both the reunion and menacing flashbacks to the past, slowly unraveling the truth of what happened all those years ago. Flynn’s novel was released a few weeks ago on March 9.

The Heiress Hunt by Joanna Shupe

If you’re impatiently waiting for Bridgerton season two, reading some other historical romances could provide a quick fix. The Heiress Hunt, which was released on March 9, follows two childhood sweethearts, a high-society rogue and independent heiress on their way to happily-ever-after—if they can manage to confess their feelings for one another.

Girlhood by Melissa Febos

From esteemed memoirist, Melissa Febos comes another collection of essays, this one focused on the way society shapes girls to become the women they deem worthy. What do women give up when they force themselves to be something they aren’t? How can women find power in a world determined to make them small? What does it even mean to be a woman? All of these questions and more are answered in Girlhood, coming March 30.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYoutube and Pinterest!

Jordyn is originally from Johannesburg, South Africa, and moved to Florida at the age of 13. A total bookworm, she loves any situation where a cup of tea and a good novel is involved. She is an Editing, Writing, and Media & Information Technology double major at Florida State University, but is currently studying abroad at the University of Sussex in Brighton, England. When she's not reading and writing, she dreams of traveling the world. Her favorite word is eclectic.
Her Campus at Florida State University.